Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My my question is, does anyone recomend a prescription from a doctor in the form of a pill.
Anyone ever used these?
Do they work?
Do they help?
Curious...

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
My my question is, does anyone recomend a prescription from a doctor in the form of a pill.
Anyone ever used these?
Do they work?
Do they help?
Curious...
Are you asking what prescription we would recommend, or if we have ever taken a prescription for acne? I am sorry I don't understand your question.

I have taken a variety of prescription medication for acne in a pill form. Some work better than others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[well i went to a dermatologist for my acne, which i suffered from acne all my life since jr. high now i am a adult....but anyways i tried everything in the book and nothing worked for me but broke me out worse. so i went to a doctor for skin and was prescribed medication tazorac, and some antibiotics and within 3 weeks i actually saw significant changes and i am impress...today now i use it time to time whenever my face tries to get a pimple, once i do it gone within 24hrs or less!! so i am happy!! the only thing i can suggest to you due to not every thing works for everyone, so go to a skin doctor due to you gots be evaluated to see what meds are good for you!! you will be fine!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Taz works well. Accutane did it for me. After taking just about every antibiotic they make for acne!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Eroline, I was prescribed Acutane a couple of yrs ago. It didn't work for me, but instead through me for a loop (one heck of a bad depression) Perhaps if you are prescribed anything you should go onto websites and see for yourself what the down fall of a particular prescription is before you try it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Acne is a condition that is characterized by plugged pores; white heads and blackheads, deep lumps and pimples. The condition usually affects people on the upper arms, face, neck, chest and shoulders. Acne does not discriminate against age but it is people in their teens who mostly suffer from it. Among the effects of the condition is the patient getting upset and disfiguring of the affected parts. Permanent scars may occur in the very severe cases although some acne types leave scars regardless of the severity of the condition
www-botanical-source-com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts