Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these hole on my cheeks. What are they? I also have holes on my hands too.. but not too concerned about that.
Are they acne scars or enlarged pores? How do I get rid of it?
Also, does anyone know what that line is running down from my lip? It's on both sides and it's not a shadow cast by fat cheeks. My body fat % is low and I'm not fat. You can also see it in the light so I know it's a line. x__x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh my goodness, I have the exact same things on my cheeks! I used to think they were "ice pick" scars from my acne, but now I think they are weird enlarged pores. I don't ever recall having acne in that area of my face, really, so it seems unlikely now that they are scarring. Anyway, I have no answers (sorry!), but just wanted you to know somebody else is in that boat.

Anyone out there have any ideas about what the "holes" are?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does it seem like they're filled with anything? I can't really tell from the photo.

I would consult a doctor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem with these enlarged pores is that they've become clogged. Start treatment soon because with aging skin loses its elasticity and enlarged pores may become a problem again. You're most likely to notice enlarged pores around your nose as that area has more oil glands per square inch than any other part of your body...safe bet you have them there too. However it's not too late

-=Treating Enlarged Pores=-
Don't pick at your face, it will only irritate the pores and make the problem worse. Maintain a clean face. A healthy diet high in vitamins won't hurt either...oh and drink lots of water!

Make sure to select the right skin pore minimizing cream. To peel away old skin cells apply a lotion containing alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) after washing your face. The AHAs are fruit and milk acids that encourage older cells to peel off leaving younger, smoother skin underneath.
Stay away from glycolic acid it can really irritate your face and create new problems! Several other suggested cream products and treatments include facials (if you have the money), microdermabrasion cream, and alpha/beta acids are good too. Papaya and flax seed oil are also worth trying to improve the appearance of enlarged pores and skin in general.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yes those do look like enlarged pores. The only thing you can really do is keep your skin clean, make sure it doesn't get irritated. maybe a pore minimizer as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Microderm abrasion is a simple, straight forward, non-invasive procedure that revitalizes dull skin, reduces large pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, reduces mild pigment irregularities (hyperpigmentation), stretch marks and age spots. It is equally effective to other skin treatments and, most importantly, it allows you to get back to your daily routine immediately after treatment
By removing a very fine skin layer, micro derm abrasion stimulates collagen production, thus encouraging cellular renewal. Old skin is replaced by new healthy skin cells - this is known to help acne, enlarged pores and blackheads, age spots and sun-damaged skin and uneven skin tone (hyperpigmentation).
Microdermabration removes excess oil, debris and dead cells - This also helps minimize large pores and get rid of pimples and age spots.
Yes microdermabrasion works well for large pores and acne scars.Microdermabrasion has well known positive results on superficial acne scars and large pores.•Microdermabrasion mildly exfoliates the top layer of the skin in order to remove superficial acne scarring. It strips a very, very fine layer of skin (but thicker than the layer removed by regular facials) where old acne scar cells are stuck.You can do it at home .Use only good standard microdermabrasion kits.Use this "ARTISTRY MICRE DERMA BRASION SYSTEM".
The gentle, effective at-home alternative to microdermabrasion without the risk! The Artistry Microdermabrasion System offers an at-home alternative to microdermabrasion, providing professional-grade results and glowing skin. It consists of Artistry Polishing Scrub, Skin Refinishing Lotion, and the MicroExfoliation Cloth at no cost. For all skin types .Thereâ€2122s a reason microdermabrasion treatments originated in the dermatologistâ€2122s office. The jagged aluminum crystals it requires can cause microscopic tears in tender skin, if improperly applied. Artistry skin care believes in powerful but gentle beauty. Thatâ€2122s why the Artistry Microdermabrasion System was developed. This at-home alternative provides professional-grade results and glowing skin. The Microdermabrasion System consists of Artistry Polishing Scrub, MicroExfoliation Cloth, and Skin Refinishing Lotion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello lilipotter, I just read about your introduction of "ARTISTRY MICRE DERMA BRASION SYSTEM ". Where do you get these kits ? Is this effective compared to those done at dermatologist office ?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi vanessathy, I seriously doupt that it's the same. The Dermatologists go to school and learn how to properly determine what the right percentage of chemicals are. These kits aren't that high, but they do work! You really don't have to break your piggy bank to buy a big, fancy kit either. Myself I use the one by Avon- and I love the results, you can actually see results before and after you do it. Remember though YOU CANNOT SHRINK PORES! but after a dermabrassion, for some reason they appear to be smaller, they are way less noticeable, and as Pumi wrote you can use a face primer to help camouflage the rest. (myself, my pores are a lot less noticeable so I don't bother with the primer anymore. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Theres a reason Microdermabrasion originated in the dermatologist office. The jagged aluminum crystals can cause microscopic tears in tender skin. Using Artistry Microexfoliation Cloth removes dirt, excess make-up and dead skin cells for gentle professional-grade results without the risk....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would love to be able to completely remove all of my acne scars on my forehead andthe enlarged pores on the side of my nose and cheeks too. I tried the Avon microdermabrasion system for about 7 or 8 weeks, it helped to clean my skin. But, it was not effective for my pores nor the acne spots on my cheeks.

I dont really want to use a primer or anyother type of makeup on my face to cover up, it feels heavy and like I'm making it worse. Where are the best places to get this ARTISTRY MICRE DERMA BRASION SYSTEM and for a nice price?
And when do you begin to notice results?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Theres a reason Microdermabrasion originated in the dermatologist office. The jagged aluminum crystals can cause microscopic tears in tender skin. Using Artistry Microexfoliation Cloth removes dirt, excess make-up and dead skin cells for gentle professional-grade results without the risk....
hmmm,,,you wouldn't be selling them would you? This looks suspiciously like it's copied right from the ad:
Amway Global - ArtistryÂae MicroExfoliation Cloth (714885)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I am not sure about the fine line from the lips. I suspect their cause to be related to some dental surgery (or) muscle expansion in that area. when did the line start to appear ? Is it there right from child hood ?

To get rid of the pores, I want you to find the root cause and rectify it.

It may be due to wrong diet, constipation, overeating, eating a combination of food at the same meal that causes fermentation, or devitalized foods, improper breathing, bedrooms not properly ventilated, and lack of exercise, drinking impure water and other harmful drinks, such as: tea, coffee, liquor, soft and drinks. Worry, fear, anger, unhappiness, and hate generally hinder the circulation of blood and cause stagnant condition of the skin, overloading the various organs resulting in skin diseases.

Also check out my home page link to see skin care products and to get advice by writing in to them.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow I like your advice, I am going to look into this further. I have problems with anxiety and stress management and this could definately be my root problem to my enlarged pores. If you have any further advice, please feel free to post them to me.

Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there! those holes that you have on your cheek are called skin pores...we all have it!! some have larger than others and the truth is there is nothing you can do to shrink your pores once they become large because pores do not have muscles!! Having said that there are many thing you can do to make them appear smaller and prevent them from getting bigger...such as

1.Face cleansing: Removes dirt from collecting in your pores.
2.Face Scrub: Removes dead skin that cannot be done with a wash face.

3.Nose Strips: Removes existing blackheads. Tips: Do this after you exfoliate or shower because your skin is softer which makes it easier to unclog your pores.

4. Facial massage: Helps unclogged the pore and assists in firming the skin by diminishing fat cells. Sagging skin makes your pores appears even larger, so you want to have tight and firm skin. *edit by Mod*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts