Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting on BenzaClin, I'm breaking out a lot less and my skin looks so much better. But I still have a few scars from previous breakouts that are really bugging me! They don't make indentations in my skin, they're just slightly discolored areas (reddish-purple) on the surface of my skin. It annoys me to have to cover them up every day. How do I get rid of them?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Those kind of spots usually go away after a few months. I've been wondering about Benzaclin. Is it better than other prescription acne treatments like Differin gel and RetinA micro?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Alpha Hydroxy Acids and time will help your skin. They usually go away on their own though, so don't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Pomander,

Acne scars can stay on your skin for years after the pimple has long gone. There are many creams on the market which will help to fade your acne. Because your scars are not deep, Pomander, a few months using an acne scar treatment should get rid of them. A good cream will contain natural nutrients and enzymes, like vitamins, minerals and skin revitalizing compounds. For those of you with deeper scars, there are a number of treatments available such as microdermabrasion which you can read about here:

How to Eliminate Severe Acne Scars | BioCutis Blog
Kathleen LeRoi

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Thanks to both...so are the treatments prescription or OTC? WHere would I find them?

I've also heard that putting Vitamin E directly on a scar would make it go away. True?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The treatments in the article should be performed by a qualified professional; although some people do their own chemical peels, I wouldn't recommend this unless you know what you are doing. Vitamin E gel is a good option for scars. It is an anti-oxidant and will help the skin to rebuild collagen which will help to heal the scar. You can purchase other scar creams OTC. If you look around you can find some good ones. One of the companies I write articles for have a scar cream which is made from the secretion of snails, believe it or not! Apparently works really well because the snail secretion has natural rejuvenation properties. You can buy these types of creams over the Internet. Creams with Vitamin E and other natural creams can be found in natural health care shops or in the pharmacy.
Kathleen LeRoi

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pomander, i seem to be in the same situation as you and after thoroughly surfing the net i found that rosehip seed oil is apparently really effective for removing acne scars, that and pure vitamin E oil. I haven't actually tried any of these but i hope to soon so as soon as i do i will post my feedback.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, thanks! I've used vitamin E in the past, but I usually forget to do it every night so I can't tell if it makes a difference. But I can start trying to do it every night, and then post how it goes.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Vitamin E molecules are too big to penetrate deep enough to make a difference. You'd have to take it internally if you were to see any difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try Collagen extract and collagen gel from Clayton Shaggal" i have seen great results with acne scarring. and IPL treatments (photorejuvenation) can help too! good luck!

·
Registered
576 Posts
PCA A&C serum! LOVE it! But pricey!
Infact, PCA offers many hyper-pigmentation products -have only personally tried the above but the rest have gotten outstanding reviews from the dermatologically challenged community.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts