Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! my acne at this point has been the same for the last month and i’m trying to get my skin to clear up. i’d say 90% of my acne is on my cheeks and lower face (i am a teen, i’m sure a good chunk is hormonal). While it isn’t terrible, my skin is fairly annoying to treat and gets irritated very easily. I am also very active, I’m outside a lot in the sun and do a lot of sports. What I am using has helped a lot, but seems to be at it’s limits for me.
I have dry sensitive skin and will provide a picture of my acne.
Nose Cheek Human body Jaw Eyelash

am
Cerave hydrating cleanser
the ordinary niacinimide serum
vie naturelle acne body spray (2.5%benzoyl peroxide, witch hazel, tea tree oil)
differin moisturizer with spf 35 (which i don’t like and am willing to get some recommendations here too)
pm
cerave again
differin gel adapalene
differin moisturizer again

do i get a harsher retinoid now that it’s been a few months and i need a new bottle, would I purge again? any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
33,936 Posts
I'd stop the benzoyl peroxide product, its horrible for the skin. Its like a band aide, not to mention it will bleach out anything that comes in contact with it. I've also never known anyone who has luck using tea tree oil to treat acne. So remove that from your routine.

I would recommend using a salicylic acid cleanser in the AM. They make plenty over the counter, just look for one that contains at least 2% SA. Also look for a separate sunscreen, don't use a moisturizer that contains SS, that won't provide enough protection. Find a sunscreen that contains zinc, zinc is great for acne prone.

Be sure your changing your pillow case every other night or at least every 3 nights, that will help a ton! You could also use a clay mask once a week. Mandelic Acid is another product to look into, its great for acne prone and would help you alot as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd stop the benzoyl peroxide product, its horrible for the skin. Its like a band aide, not to mention it will bleach out anything that comes in contact with it. I've also never known anyone who has luck using tea tree oil to treat acne. So remove that from your routine.

I would recommend using a salicylic acid cleanser in the AM. They make plenty over the counter, just look for one that contains at least 2% SA. Also look for a separate sunscreen, don't use a moisturizer that contains SS, that won't provide enough protection. Find a sunscreen that contains zinc, zinc is great for acne prone.

Be sure your changing your pillow case every other night or at least every 3 nights, that will help a ton! You could also use a clay mask once a week. Mandelic Acid is another product to look into, its great for acne prone and would help you alot as well.

Okay! Thank you. I’m looking into the inky list cleanser for the am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts