Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there to every one who is here, i was wondering if any one could help me, my son is 15 yrs old hes been under hospital with his acne now for oer a year, he had treatment for this as it was so bad, but it has left him with lots of scars and now he feels he as lost all his confidence going out as he had really good skin befor this happend, does any1 have any good advise wot i could get my son for the scaring to help them go please.
All the help would be appriciated from every one.

Many thanks,

Regards Sharon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
it will go slowly don't worry if it won't you can apply Topical retinoids or consult dermatologist for laser scar removal

·
Registered
357 Posts
Vitamin E creams can also help the healing of scars. As catherine also mentioned, it may be wise to visit a dermatologist. But in the end, genetics typically takes over - some people get permanent scars, others do not. But since your son is still young, his skin has plenty of time to heal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, Sharon! Your son's was definitely a really bad acne episode. There are, in fact, a good couple of things you can do to help his skin to erase those scars.
First at all, he needs to learn how to heal his skin from the inside out: in this forum, you will find a lot of alimentary advice you can take, as an equilibrated diet is by far the best acne remedy. And if you happen to find a really helpful food that he doesn't like to eat, explaining the benefits of skin nutrition will surely encourage him to follow a healthy diet.
Secondly, you'll need an adequate skin care product to help the healing process. By all means, go natural: chemical products can be highly harsh on an already damaged skin due to strong medications and inflammatory lesions. An all natural skin care cream will provide relief without irritating the skin or making it even more sensitive.
Kathleen LeRoi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aloe-vera often helps. If you rub the gooey inside of an aloe-vera plant on the affected area, you will see results in a matter of days. Do it once or twice a day, and simply leave it on. Aloe-vera also helps to eradicate acne scars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts