Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to order on AllDayChemist and one of the strengths for retin-A was .25%. Is that supposed to be .025%? It concerns me a bit to display the strengths incorrectly being that these medications are so powerful.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Donaldo, that's pretty strong then.. I thought .1% was the strongest retin-A they had. I have the .025% retin-A currently and their listing doesn't even have that which I am surprised they wouldn't carry that strength.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
RA from weakest to strongest:

0.025% <--weakest. 0.05% <--medium. 0.1% <--maximum strength.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ondine.. I thought .1% was the strongest, but on ADC's site it has a .25% strength listed that I figured was a typo.

alldaychemistdotcom/798-a-ret-cream-.html

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
They're the masters of typos: even worse than me! heehee. It should read 0.025%

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
yeah its a typo, its just a bit sad that online pharmacies have so many errors, a slight mistake in the description of a product can lead to the biggest catastrophe for the customers who would be greatly confused and might take the wrong drug.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Between that & the illegible handwriting typical of Dr's, it is a miracle anyone ever gets the correct medications!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My sentiments exactly!! Doctors and pharmacists should be impeccable when it comes to prescriptions and their strengths! We really put a lot of trust in them (that's why I'm glad we have this forum, so we don't have to keep using blind faith when using these products
)

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Thank you, you dont know how important it is for you to research and find the right products for your face, you have to be ur own health advocate and learn what you are putting on ur skin. In this case, me, hundreds of members here, dermatologists, and immense medical journals can back you up on the amazing benefits of Retin-A for your skin. I started using Retin-A a couple years ago in low strength 0.025% but I didnt use it the right way because I didnt know anything about skin care so naturally I didnt get the miraculous results I am getting now. So I took it upon myself to research the product then once I started using it the right way, it took care of most of my problems.

Use Retin-A the right way:
wait 30 minutes after washing ur face or taking a shower to apply a DIME/PEA sized amount to the whole face, work quickly to spread it evenly
wait another 30 minutes to apply moisturizer or HQ.
Dont use strong cleansers with salicylic acid or any acids, use a GENTLE cleanser.
Take care of the flakes in the morning with a microfiber cloth, gentle rub away the flakes in circular motion, you can purchase it on ncnproskincare.com
Wear an spf 50+ sunblock with Mexoryl SX, Mexoryl XL, Helioplex etc.
Wear a hat on the strongest parts of the day.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
RA proper usage info cannot be overstated. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
258 Posts
b4 you order let me just tell you that i ordered the .25% retin-a and it is really mild, its doesnt do ne thing for me, and i have really sensitive skin, .05 probally will be best , but you kno different ppl different results! ne who goodluck

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
b4 you order let me just tell you that i ordered the .25% retin-a and it is really mild, its doesnt do ne thing for me, and i have really sensitive skin, .05 probally will be best , but you kno different ppl different results! ne who goodluck
Thanks krazycee07, I ordered from SSS before and I thought I was getting .025%, but it was .1%...lol so that is what I have been using. THANK GOD I haven't had any adverse reactions to it. But I don't believe it is .25%, I think what you have is .025% because .1% is the strongest option as Ondine mentioned. I suppose ADC made a typo with that....? So I have since ordered and decided to just get the .1% and .05% just to be on the safe side. But thanks for the tip!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Back in Jan when I began, I didn't even know that RA came in different strengths so I just jumped right in at 0.1% too. It is a good thing I tolerated it too (after some mammoth shedding!) because I could've really damaged my skin!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back in Jan when I began, I didn't even know that RA came in different strengths so I just jumped right in at 0.1% too. It is a good thing I tolerated it too (after some mammoth shedding!) because I could've really damaged my skin!
Oh good, so I know I'm not the only one that got right in there!
The shedding actually was pretty tolerable (thanks to jojoba oil) except around my mouth area...eek!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts