Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my USPS tracking and noticed that my package is in US Custom. I'm worried about this. Have any of you guys been through that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I checked my USPS tracking and noticed that my package is in US Custom. I'm worried about this. Have any of you guys been through that?
Yes. Anything (parcel) coming in must go through customs. It usually clears in a day. The product is usually delivered in the next 2-3 days, once in the States.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks. I was worried that they might confiscate the items or something. This is the information that I got from USPS tracking:

Detailed Results:

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, November 03, 2009, 8:04 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

I'm not sure which one is current? It's either the top or bottom first not sure until it gets updated again. If the bottom is most current then it might have past customs already.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Okay, thanks. I was worried that they might confiscate the items or something. This is the information that I got from USPS tracking:

Detailed Results:

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, November 03, 2009, 8:04 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

I'm not sure which one is current? It's either the top or bottom first not sure until it gets updated again. If the bottom is most current then it might have past customs already.
Yes, the next update will show the shipment out of customs, into your central post office and then out for delivery. From my experience usually 2-3 days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I might have mistaken NEW YORK (USPS) as being out of customs but that's probably customs location. Gracias!

·
Registered
99 Posts
It can be in customs for up to a week. After customs it's delivered pretty quickly, so don't worry, it will get to you shortly..

·
Registered
524 Posts
us customs has been known to occassionally open the package and realizes it is prescription drug/medical device (which are illegal) and so confiscate it or send it back... but they rarely do this for small packages so there is hope as long as ur patient regardless of the order or whatever of that tracking info

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just tracked my package from ADC through USPS and it passed through customs on Nov. 2 and I got it today! I can't wait to use the Retina A. I got 0.025% gel, anyone seen results from this?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
yes, I used the 0.025% gel when I first started out with Retin-A, I saw results, exfoliation and brighter skin, I had no irritation, redness, flaking from that strength and it worked well for me but I moved upto 0.1% gel since I am a man who has thick skin and needs extra exfoliation.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
LNL, do you think I should mix the Neostrata brightening gel with the Retina A to optimize results, or do you think I should just alternate days?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
sure! thats a great idea
, just use a PEA sized of the neostrata brightening gel ONE hour after you apply the Pea sized Retin-A 0.025% and you'll be good and during the day use the neostrata with sunblock. NOTE: if you get irritation from the neostrata/RA combo then leave it for the day or alternate days, if you can tolerate it then more power to you because thats an effective combo for evening out your skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks! Your so informative. Your the most informative man on skin care
. lol. I heard you said something about European sunblocks being superior, do they sell them in drugstores?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
unfortunately they dont, this thread lists ALL the effective, proven European Sunblock you can get from the internet: http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...-sunblock.html There is ONE US sunblock that is superior to all others in the US and can be used without a worry, that is Neutrogena SPF 55 with HELIOPLEX (make sure it has helioplex), helioplex is the US version (or Neutrogena) to stabilize and keep your sunblock from degrading and helps keep it fresh on your skin for longer periods of time. The European ones on that thread is superior too, so your pick

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks people! I just checked and it's now out of customs, it took about two days, so I should be getting it soon!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
unfortunately they dont, this thread lists ALL the effective, proven European Sunblock you can get from the internet: http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...-sunblock.html There is ONE US sunblock that is superior to all others in the US and can be used without a worry, that is Neutrogena SPF 55 with HELIOPLEX (make sure it has helioplex), helioplex is the US version (or Neutrogena) to stabilize and keep your sunblock from degrading and helps keep it fresh on your skin for longer periods of time. The European ones on that thread is superior too, so your pick
I'm using Neutrogena SPF 85 with Helioplex. I like it a lot and it's not bothersome like some Titanium Dioxide SPF that leaves a noticeable white film. The smell is pleasant (citric smell).

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm using Neutrogena SPF 85 with Helioplex. I like it a lot and it's not bothersome like some Titanium Dioxide SPF that leaves a noticeable white film. The smell is pleasant (citric smell).
Lansing I use Neutrogena as well, and also Solbar I learned about Solbar through my Derm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lansing I use Neutrogena as well, and also Solbar I learned about Solbar through my Derm.
Which one of the Solbars are you using? I checked/compared one with Neutrogena. Neutrogena having 5 active ingredients while Solbars only has 3 active ingredients. Both contains same 2 active ingredients; Solbars has a higher percentage in one ingredient but strangely a SPF that's lower. How is it on the skin; ghostly, easy to apply, oily, etc.?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts