Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some reason we can't add Renovage or Matrixyl or other anti-aging ingredients to Finacea cream? Anyone tried it or have thoughts about it?

My reasoning is that most rosacea people don't need extra oils added to our skin, but why can't we use Finacea as the base cream?

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Is there some reason we can't add Renovage or Matrixyl or other anti-aging ingredients to Finacea cream? Anyone tried it or have thoughts about it?

My reasoning is that most rosacea people don't need extra oils added to our skin, but why can't we use Finacea as the base cream?
I don't think I would mix anything with Finacea considering it is a prescription topical. Whether you are using this cream for acne/rosacea, I would use it as is.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Agree with Gymrat: not without the specific agreement of your pharmacist or dermatologist.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I mean, think about it: those creams are sold at very specific percentage concentrations, with very specific inactive ingredients. If you mix them, you really don't know what strength of each part you're getting, unless you have some compounding equipment handy. I'd say this is especially a concern with the tretinoin; with such low concentrations (only up to .1), you're looking at the possibility of having parts of your mix very diluted and others very strong. Plus, azelaic acid+tretinoin can be VERY irritating. I knew some guys online who used a pre-mixed combo for hair loss, and they had all kinds of peeling and flaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts