Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some good skin care.heard about elizabeth grant and how good it is. i use estee lauder. i am 55 years old and the only problem i seem to be having with my skin area is with my dark circles under my eyes. nothing i use seems to help.but then again i have really dark circles. please let me know what really works.thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi and welcome
Hmm...dark circles are a real problem for a lot of us. I use Vanilyx (undereye cream) and Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (concealer).

Be sure you've covered all your bases as far and allergy treatments, enough sleep, iron supplements if needed...

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi and welcome
Hmm...dark circles are a real problem for a lot of us. I use Vanilyx (undereye cream) and Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (concealer).

Be sure you've covered all your bases as far and allergy treatments, enough sleep, iron supplements if needed...
Hi Fawnie, this Vanilyx that you speak of, I'll have to check into this. I am not familiar with this eye cream. Does it "noticeably" work for you or are you still in the trial phase? I have yet to find an under eye cream for dark circles that will actually work for me!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have used it before with good results as far as fading the circles, then I slacked off when they were so much better. I am starting with it again, but it takes 3-5 wks to notice full results.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I have used it before with good results as far as fading the circles, then I slacked off when they were so much better. I am starting with it again, but it takes 3-5 wks to notice full results.
Fawnie do you get your Kevyn Aucoin stuff at Sephora? They don't carry it at Sephora in my town, I can only get it when I travel for it. I haven't used the skin enhancer before. I have used a few other products though.

Tell me, do you use the concealor by itself or under your foundation? and how well does it blend with your Dior Nude?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LOL I got it at MakeUpAlley. VS used to have it but not any longer.

In the summer I just use it as my concealer over my SS whenever I need it. It blends well with my eye cream and stays on nicely.

You know, I haven't used Diorskin Nude much this summer - it feels too much like serious makeup and I'm not about that now. Once fall gets here I will be back to it tho - it's one fine foundation! Nice coverage but doesn't hide every freckle. Gives a nice glowy look without looking like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Yes I have to agree with the Dior Nude. In the summer it is a little heavy for my face. I try not to wear a full face unless I absoultely have too.

I have been just getting by using my Clinique pore stuff, with a little powder and bronzer. That is good enough for me-

I can't WAIT for fall-
I went to Bath N Body and bought my favorite pumpkin candles and hand soap, in hopes that it will speed up fall arriving.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Yeh come on fall! Aren't we sick of heat and humidity yet? Those fires anywhere near you, rat?
SICK of the heat!

The fires right now are along the coast, which is West of me. We just get the hazy sky that hangs over. Some days it is worse than others.

Last year with the fires in Santa Barbara we had soot in the air. Those days were horrible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts