Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
i hate the marks left by my acne and evrymonth i get new scars from these humungous boils on the side of my face.:mad. does anyone know a proven skin care remedy for acne. i am currently using the Bio Nike range, been on everything else even the dermatologist couldn't help after spend thousands of rands. Help!!!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome Shariefa, I hate to be the one to tell ya, but there is no proven way! Everybody's skin is different, so what works for you may not work for the next person. But I do have an idea, it did work fo me: I did at home dermabrassions (Avon) not only did it stop my acnee in it's tracks, it helped get rid of the old scars from that acnee as well. Hope this helps you.......I know exactly what it's like, been there- done it!

·
Registered
412 Posts
When you say "humongous boils" that sounds like something that a dermatologist - another one, a better one, should help with. You dont want to be left with real scars. Somtimes acne isn't treatable over the counter. What specifically have you tried?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm guessing that by "humongous boils" you mean cystic acne. The best 'remedy' for cystic acne will be prescribed by a doctor. They may suggest accutane to you or a course of antibiotics. For severe acne like that, there's nothing you can get otc to prevent it, unfortunately.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it is cystic acne, strong acne creams with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide will help speed the healing process by killing the bacteria that forms in the cyst. Anti-inflammatory treatments such as Neosporin can also help by taking some of the red out of the inflamed region. After this, it simply takes patience and the discipline not to pick at your skin. The acne will eventually be broken down by the body, and this usually takes less time than healing from the inflammation caused by forcing them out.

You need to target your oil glands first and foremost. Start with a daily multivitamin to make sure you’re getting the minimum of essential nutrients that your body needs to metabolize oil, and then consider other supplements. Zinc is an important mineral in regulating the activity of your oil glands, as well as being a powerful antioxidant. Taking an extra 30-50 mg per day of Zinc has helped many people suffering from similar acne problems. Vitamin B5 is also a key ingredient in fighting excess oil, it is necessary in order to produce Coenzyme-A, which in turn is needed for the metabolism of skin oil. Supplementing with 5-10 grams of vitamin B5 (less if time-released) has helped many acne sufferers get their skin under control by enhancing oil metabolism. Since cystic acne is caused by excessive oil production, this may be exactly what you need.

Don't lose hope!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin A a day and it seemed to help. Too much vitamin A isn't supposed to be good, at least long term. So try for a month to see if it helps. If it clears up, decrease the amount.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That sounds like cystic acne, if you want to self-treat it, you are going to have to do trial and error, like mony said. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree are some popular ingredients to treat Acne or breakouts, so looks for products that are based on those. I think you should do more research on Adult Acne and looks for supplements that can help. And to be consistent with a solid skin care regimen, results don't happen overnight. Maybe you should try another Derm for a re-assessment.

Adult acne - causes and treatments of adult breakouts

I think doing the bootleg version of Accutane is dangerous. Too much Vitamin A can f.uck up your liver so I don't think it is something you should attempt yourself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you decide to go ahead with the microdermabrasion, please do not do it yourself! Have a professional do this for you. When you are doing the micro yourself sometimes you will tend to go "deeper" in some areas, and I find that the scrub that comes with the DIY machines are quite harsh on the skin.
Invest the $75 to $100 to have the micro done, your face will thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently using a product through Avon, i do sell it as well. I tried proactive, nutregena products, everything and it all dried me out really bad. I don't have bad acne but i still needed something! when i started selling avon i tried their system, and it worked beautifully, and i'm not saying this to promote it, but i gave the system to my fiance's brother who's acne on his face, back, chest is absolutely horrible and OMG, he's been using it for a couple months and i cannot believe the change, it's almost gone completely, he had it really bad and hasn't been the best about keeping up with doing it on a daily basis, and it still has done incredible!! if you're interested go to this site and order, it's inexpensive, it's worth a try. cmallicoat.avonrepresentative .com

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to try the galvanic spa treatment at home. You can do it yourself for 6 bucks a treatment. This is affordable only after you buy the machine for 350. But it works with scars too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi sharifa........apply pure aloe vera gel on ur scars..its will take time but in the long run it is the safest metod to fight with the stuff....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts