Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these small spots on my forehead and temple area and a small amount on my cheeks, went to derm and he said I have a case of adult acne at the age of 32
He prescribed doxcycline and eryacne to applt to effected area oncer a day, had anyone else used these products and how well did they work I am feeling really low at the moment. My left cheek is a little reddish as well.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I have these small spots on my forehead and temple area and a small amount on my cheeks, went to derm and he said I have a case of adult acne at the age of 32
He prescribed doxcycline and eryacne to applt to effected area oncer a day, had anyone else used these products and how well did they work I am feeling really low at the moment. My left cheek is a little reddish as well.
Oh do not feel bad. I am 40 and had adult acne!! Fought it for MANY years. I know how you feel. You think you are suposed to out grow stuff like that ........not always the case. I never had acne as a teen. But boy did I get a bad case of it as an adult.

Yes I have taken doxcycline. I have taken just about all the "cycline" antibiotics. I have never heard of the eryacne, is it a topical cream?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a topical gel. My derm said its hormonal and i must admit before it flared up I was very stressed. I often wonder if this is the reason. I don't have big lumpy pimples or anything at first I thought it was a rash so I went to my dr and he said its clogged pores due to what I was using on my face. 2 weeks later I went back and he said it looks like seborrheic dermatitis. I was'n thappy with this so I went to a derm and he said its adult acne (hormonal) Did doxy work for you.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Normally hormonal acne is around your chin area. They say anything from the cheek bones down. Chin, mouth, neck, etc is normally hormonal acne.
Which is exactly where I had it, but the cystic type that never went away.

Most of the antibiotics only worked short term for me. Some of the topicals worked better. I eventually had to take Accutane. That cleared me and I have YET to have a break out. I have been off of Accutane since January.

Why kind of face wash, lotion, etc do you use?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Ok, so eryacne is an alcohol-based gel that contains the active ingredient erythromycin. Erythromycin worked well for me. Hopefully it will work well for you too-

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Melski99 and welcome, Gymrat is right I too have fought Adult Acne, never had it as a teen. I tried everything I could get my hands on including "proactive" - now that was a joke! Perhaps you can get your doctor to check your hormones? See what is going there. I know Gymrat said she got really good results from Acutane but I didn't it. I would be weary of it- or at least if you are interested in it read up about it. I didn't till I was on it and experiencing some realy bad times, One of the warnings is that it depresses people, and if you are depressed already that may not be te right thing for you. I know my experience with it was nasty I was getting ideas that I normally wouldn't get... so please just read up about what you are taking before you decide to take it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you ever tried therapeutic grade essential oils? Some people use tea tree oil but I used an essential oil blend that I was introduced to and it works very well on fine pimples.

Hey it could be worst. Pimples are not nearly as bad as bumps. Ugh! bumps can be so hideous you want to hide under a surgical bandage until it's healed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts