Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new, and would like to find out if anyone has used Affirm Co2 laster skin rejuvenation. It seems really great, but want to find out the real deal!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello Rene, welcome to SCT. I am not familiar with the Affirm Co2 Laser Skin Rejuvenation, I had one laser rejuvenation treatment 3 years ago and I was not impressed with that, somebody else will be able to tell you about the product you want to know about...have fun!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Affirm ascribes to something called "Fractional CO2" laser. I do NOT like this. The theory is good but the reality is not worth the money. See normal "old-fashioned" C02 would vaporise the entire dermis and cause mild controlled damage to the dermis. The results are outstandingw ith maximal tightening even to date of any known resurfacing technology The down time is longer, 10-14 days to heal enough to wear make up, an open raw wound that weeps like a major burn for days to a week or more and then redness that persists sometimes MONTHS after the treatment. Pigment changes are also possible but usually temporary.

The theory behind fractional CO2 is that you only burn every OTHER square of skin for example. It is not a "square" as in you draw it but rather the doctor runs the machine across the face and the pulses come out slower and as such leave tiny micro areas untouched between tiny micorareas that are lasered. In theory you would expect the same result, in reality not so. The theory is much like that of skin grafting, leaving these little "oases" of skin make healing faster as there is a point a and b to grow to faster...this is true. BUT the fact that so much is untreated does not make-up for the fact so much was treated. Part of the efficacy of CO2 Laser is that the controlled damage causes large scale remodelling and the entire face is tightened. You would not get me to pay for a fractional CO2 treatment, NEVER. I would insist on the full ablative CO2 or a chemical peel if the doctor felt strongly CO2 was not for me yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had one "fractional" laser treatment over a year ago. I liked the results, but maximum results are with a series of treatments over time and results continue to appear later down the road. So it isn't a 'see quick results' treatment. I couldn't afford a series of treatments at the time but I am considering doing a series again soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts