Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Alledgedly it is said to help with eczema, acne, oily skin and other skin issues. Also, genuine black soaps aren't black in color at all, but a brownish-black color.

I used this. It does leave your skin feeling really clean but is drying so I think it's perfect for oily skin. I think because it leaves your skin feeling so clean, it could help with acne. And since it has moisturizing ingredients like Coconut Oil, it could help with eczema but the only thing it did for me was make me feel cleaner and drier. I also used it on my hair, it did feel really clean too and slightly drying.

Black soap. African Black Soap. Natural skin care products. Black skin care. Black hair care

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the past i've used it and I got fair results.

Made my skin smooth and soft.

Think it's suppose to help with acne and black marks/ heads.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Many of my clients have tried "black soap" from various manufacturers in the past and in every single case, they felt tight and super dried out. It's because of the pH (too alkaline) and surfactant (harsh lathering agent). When the skin gets too dry, many folks experience rebound oiliness. In other cases, I've had clients whove suffereed irritation and surface burns that led to secondary hyperpigmentation. There isn't anything in these soaps that help fade spots or fight acne. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use black soap (the REAL) one. Not 'dudu osun'. I got my blk soap from African stores - doesn't come in a fancy package and it's the black/brown colour. It's very good, but drying.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We are talking about the same authentic black soap. The severe drying effect leads to pigmentation issues, especially when there is hard water and sun exposure.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Interesting, in the Lightening Forum here members report that the ABS is actually moisturizing and helps with pigmentation.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just ordered some because I heard it's just like papaya soap, which I LOVE, but cheaper. I guess I'll add my input here once I use it. I'll try not to use it on my vagina though, thanks for the tip :S

·
Registered
135 Posts
ABS is on the alkaline side and very drying (stripping) and not moisturizing at all. Try this moisturizing skin brightening bar from Switzerland called Skin Nouveau Milk Protein Soap. This bar won't dry you out and it lasts forever. You can even use it "where the sun don't shine".

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I just ordered some because I heard it's just like papaya soap, which I LOVE, but cheaper. I guess I'll add my input here once I use it. I'll try not to use it on my vagina though, thanks for the tip :S
Likas burn my shoulders. I think that the burning is something dependent on the individual.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
ABS is on the alkaline side and very drying (stripping) and not moisturizing at all. Try this moisturizing skin brightening bar from Switzerland called Skin Nouveau Milk Protein Soap. This bar won't dry you out and it lasts forever. You can even use it "where the sun don't shine".
I think Skin Nouveau is the same people that makes Carotein Cream, so I may try that soap whenever I run out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use the liquid black soap to shave with and find it very good at helping stop acne.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello. I stock this product in my office, but if you Google "Skin Nouveau Milk Protein Soap", a whole gang of websites come up. Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts