21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPxvvojyOo
I used this video the 1st time i made okra soup, and it helped so much
i tweaked it just abit

i didn't cut the okra by hand because thats just long, i blended it very briefly with a bit of water as i like to have bits in there
hot pepper certainly plays a role in this dish, the right amount really enhances the taste

·
Registered
985 Posts
ah beg plz share ohhhh 263a️
saucey I actually just made something like this, this week. It was paella mix seafood (so shrimp with crab) with veggies like cut green beans, diced carrot, a little onion and garlic and I made like a Thai curry sauce with it and it was reaaaaally delicious. Try it boo.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
saucey I actually just made something like this, this week. It was paella mix seafood (so shrimp with crab) with veggies like cut green beans, diced carrot, a little onion and garlic and I made like a Thai curry sauce with it and it was reaaaaally delicious. Try it boo. 
now u got me feeling all hungry lol I love seafood how did you make it I wanna try.. And what's this Thai curry sauce! Sounds yummy

·
Registered
985 Posts
now u got me feeling all hungry lol I love seafood how did you make it I wanna try.. And what's this Thai curry sauce! Sounds yummy
ugh I love sea food too Saucey! So juicy n succulent, like sex in ur mouth!

first I prepared the veg because it takes longer then the seafood, I just sautéd it with a little butter and house seasoning with the diced onion and garlic and set it aside. For the Thai curry you need curry spice powder, its a blend of coriander, turmeric, cumin and fenugreek. You can use coconut cream or coconut milk and you add the curry powder to it. Salt and pepper to taste. I served it with jasmine rice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
HAHA yeah what I meant was "seafood is really great"

and yay! saucy is back!

yeah when I first tried Thai curry I thought coconut milk would be gross with something savory like curry but it actually tastes pretty nice imo.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yes I'm here my baby Haha I know what you meant doll my mind was just in the gutter.. I still haven't tried it yet I have to do the groceries an pick some up I love anything that has coconut milk! I even put it in my smoothies

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Cooking unripe plantain with the back is a lot medicinal dear. My dad had diabetes before he passed away,the doc recommended it for him and insisted that the back of an unripe plantain has a lot of nutritional value so don't waste it. Here in Nigeria especially when you go on Xmas hols,we see a lot of elders complaining wherever you peel it,they call it a waste. The taste is the same girls,no diff. A good unripe plantain should be firm and when boiled really a nice yellow color. If your a girl,don't over eat it though, lol,my brother eats it a lot,he claimes it give a toned look over time(likt you've been lifting weights and gettinf strong, I think it contains a lot of iron) when guys see me eat it @ home they tease me saying 'you go soon strong like man oh' lo. But its good for watching your weight. l think Dangote has made the flour type like poundo yam

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yea I know that the skins are always nutritious even when I make my figs (green bananas) or however you call it lol I always boil it with the skin on because it has a lot of nutrients.. The above poster mentioned unriped plantains with the back that's why I asked where did that recipe came from because I didn't see it in this thread But yea your absolutely right about the benefits of the back/skin

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My remixed briyani In a pot of 15 chicken thighs and legs in total, season with 2 maggi cubes, garlic, ginger, black pepper, white pepper, chilli, curry and chicken seasoning, salt and dried herbs. Pour water into pot, 2-3cms above chicken height. Cover and leace to boil on 2nd highest setting. It should be on stove for about 30-45mins Chicken should almost be falling off the bone and there should be 1cm of chicken stock at the bottom of the pot. Wash and par boil basmati rice for about 10-15 minutes. Drain and mix into chicken pot. Cover and leave to finish cooking on a low heat :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This is great just following the instructions, I always add my own seasonings with what they give But when I couldn't get my hands on it had to try n recreate it!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Cinnamon and Honey Plantain
Ingredients
  • 1 Plantain
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil+ Enough to shallow fry plantain
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
In a heavy bottom saute pan, heat coconut oil to medium-high heat. Slice Plantain into pieces.
Fry pieces in heated coconut oil for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are lightly browned.
While plantain are frying, mix remaining ingredients (honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt) in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave till they are melted and can easily combine.
Toss fried plantain chips in heated sauce.
Once evenly coated remove and serve.
and if you don't like cinnamon then you can simply have honey plantain, tastes great too!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts