Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Wow I never seen plantain cooked in a dish Ive always fried them separately on its own Need to find some recipes! #drool

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wow I never seen plantain cooked in a dish Ive always fried them separately on its own Need to find some recipes! #drool
Yeah is it one of our traditional food in cameroon . We call it poulet DG that means Chicken MD (managing director) Really delicious and really easy to make.i will send you the recipe

·
Registered
732 Posts
Poulet DG recipe Makes 6 to 8 servings Ingredients 1 chicken, cut in small size pieces 1 chicken Seasoning Salt and black pepper to taste 3 cups oil (divided) 1 onion, chopped 2 or 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped 5 garlic cloves, minced 3 carrots, cleaned, and cut in coins 1 (1-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger) 1 cup of haricots verts (thin French green beans), ends trimmed 1 sprig of parsley, minced 1 rib of celery, chopped 3 sweet bell peppers (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red), cleaned and chopped 3 or 4 a little bit sweet and ripe plantains (should be just a little bit yellow with no dark patches) Preparation Rub chicken with the all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper. Put in an airtight container or zipper-lock bag and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. After chicken has marinated, put ½ cup of the oil in a very large, heavy skillet or Dutch oven and set over medium heat. When oil is hot, add chicken and brown, turning, until golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. To the same pan add onion and fry just until tender. Add tomatoes and fry 2 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, ginger, beans, parsley, celery, and bell peppers and mix well. Return chicken to pan but do not cover. Simmer, stirring gently with a wooden spoon, until chicken is done and liquid is partly evaporated, leaving some sauce, about 30 minutes. (The vegetables will yield some liquid after cooking a few minutes. Add warm water by the tablespoon if the pot becomes dry before the chicken is done.) While chicken is cooking, wash your plantain, remove peel and veins and slice into 1 inch-thick coins. Add remaining 2 ½ cups oil to a deep-fryer and heat to 350 degrees. When hot, brown plantains for about 5 minutes, turning once, or until they turn a little bit golden brown color. When done, remove from fryer with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling. Immediately add to chicken mixture and gently stir to combine. Let simmer about 5 minutes over low heat Serve immediately. the best things on this food is all this vegetables. And you can add more if you want I always make the one on first pic . Because the plantain are not too sweet and not too thin coins. You will really enjoy it .

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Cinnamon and Honey Plantain​
Ingredients
  • 1 Plantain​
  • 1 Tbsp Honey​
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil+ Enough to shallow fry plantain​
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon​
  • 1/2 tsp salt​
In a heavy bottom saute pan, heat coconut oil to medium-high heat. Slice Plantain into pieces. Fry pieces in heated coconut oil for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are lightly browned. While plantain are frying, mix remaining ingredients (honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt) in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave till they are melted and can easily combine. Toss fried plantain chips in heated sauce. Once evenly coated remove and serve.
and if you don't like cinnamon then you can simply have honey plantain, tastes great too!
This looks great! What kind of plantain is used green or ripe/sweet?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yass chef elisabet! Lol I shall u be trying very soon :D Heyy @saucey the ripe one. Do people fry the green plantains? I always wait til they turn yellow Ive heard people ask for green banana in shops, do they cook it like that or do they just like for it to ripen at home?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yass chef elisabet! Lol I shall u be trying very soon :D Heyy @saucey the ripe one. Do people fry the green plantains? I always wait til they turn yellow Ive heard people ask for green banana in shops, do they cook it like that or do they just like for it to ripen at home?
You should . You know poulet DG is one of my favorit food especially when my mom do it You know i also like green banana. We have so many food with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would like to share with you my faivoret egg plant salad ( baba ganoug) this is my easy way.

i prefer chinees egg plan ,gril or bak or broil until very soft but not burned,cut any size,add ugurt,taheeni (sasaea seed paste),vinger,garlic,fresh hot pepper,salt,oil,cumin powder.

eat with bread or just with spoon if on diet,you can remove any engridient you don't like or allergic to,usually i skip the oil,I use fat free ugurt,taheeni fat is enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would like to share my favorite libyan dish TABAHIGE

grill or broil or bake sliced with salt and black pepper, zukeeni,potatoes,bell pepper or colored,egg plant. make sauce like for pizza,fry garlic n oil,add fresh tomatoes sauté, allow it to soften,add spicy pepper or paste,salt ,some vinegar to make it taste like ketchup.

spread the sauce on top of grilled vegetable,y can return to oven to absorb the sauce,enjoy with or without bread

·
Administrator
33,537 Posts
I would like to share my favorite libyan dish TABAHIGE

grill or broil or bake sliced with salt and black pepper, zukeeni,potatoes,bell pepper or colored,egg plant. make sauce like for pizza,fry garlic n oil,add fresh tomatoes sauté, allow it to soften,add spicy pepper or paste,salt ,some vinegar to make it taste like ketchup.

spread the sauce on top of grilled vegetable,y can return to oven to absorb the sauce,enjoy with or without bread
Yum, sounds delicious @sabah thanks for sharing :yumyum:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts