Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hair is breaking off really badly. So, my mother told me the reason this is so is because of heat--I flat iron every time I wash, which is every week.

As a result, I want to do some no-heat styles with my hair. Does anyone know any?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Not really a proper answer to your question, i know, but do you use heat protection? Because if you use that there isnt really any reason for your hair to do that just because of the flat irons i dont think. You really need heat protection when using flat irons!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Try using it at a lower temp. It could be burning your hair which is the result of your hair breaking off. I also agree with dukes use some kind of heat protection.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
My hair is breaking off really badly. So, my mother told me the reason this is so is because of heat--I flat iron every time I wash, which is every week.

As a result, I want to do some no-heat styles with my hair. Does anyone know any?
I feel ur pain. I've got the same hair breakage too

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I use Thermasilk's heat protection spray. I am trying to avoid heat altogether, except for special occassions.

What I'm looking for here is some good no heat styles: I like braids and roller sets. Do you know any others? I'm African-American, btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts