Skin Care Talk banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You are probably right. I want them to be together cause they just fit, I can see them sitting in the sun with their glasses of chardonnay.....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That is what Fawnie said and I was just imagining them together cause I am odd that way! I'm in-between work issues and just fantasizing my way out of my stress - lol!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
hi laura! i just figured thats what you meant now! i am very slow today!

but my goodness, she looks awful. i am sorry, there is nothing nice to say about her.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
but is that what happens to you if you have implants when you get older? or is it because she is extremely thin? shouldn't they be removed at a certain age?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm not sure about the implants, it may because she is thin and her skin is thin or that they need to be replaced.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
argh my eyes my eyes!!!! i feel like Alex from A clockwork Orange. me bleeding glassies!!!

but having said that thats what the italians look like often. they dont give a toffee about looking like overstuffed leather sofas, or having the sagging parchment udders of a fossilised cow. they just like being brown and crinkle at any age. my milanese friend shes the same thinks im nuts because i dont look want to look like a coffee bean.

personally i dont give a crapola about what people do as long as they dont make me do it! and im never on a beach sunning meself to be visually assaulted by it. but on a shaded boat a la Brigitte in big hat and flared jumpsuit yes!

get this my best friend who had breast cancer and was in remission treated herself to sunning on the beach in st tropez cos she loves it. i had to leave her to it and go hunt the shade!!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
argh my eyes my eyes!!!! i feel like Alex from A clockwork Orange. me bleeding glassies!!!

but having said that thats what the italians look like often. they dont give a toffee about looking like overstuffed leather sofas, or having the sagging parchment udders of a fossilised cow. they just like being brown and crinkle at any age. my milanese friend shes the same thinks im nuts because i dont look want to look like a coffee bean.

personally i dont give a crapola about what people do as long as they dont make me do it! and im never on a beach sunning meself to be visually assaulted by it. but on a shaded boat a la Brigitte in big hat and flared jumpsuit yes!

get this my best friend who had breast cancer and was in remission treated herself to sunning on the beach in st tropez cos she loves it. i had to leave her to it and go hunt the shade!!
I LOVE St. Tropez! Great beach. I also think people should do as they please and wear what they want, but then the rest of us are going to be thinking whatever also. I would never, ever tell someone they shouldn't wear something. That's none of my business. And I wouldn't make fun of them at all. But I would be thinking that perhaps that's not their best look, IMO. But as far as that goes, I'm sure people have their own thoughts and opinions about the things I wear. I'm sure many people think I'm much too conservative and modest. C'est la vie!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
me too MsFancyP! but i reckon im a bit of a prude to boot as well! i think my issue with being bare etc is the unwanted male attention that it can generate. i dont dress particularly sexily just cutesy and in keeping with my body. but dudes tend to harrass too much for my liking its the heat-it makes em nuts.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

angel italians are sun bakers! thats for sure! take a look at donatella versace and giorgio armani! i am italian as well, and spent 15 years there, and let me tell you, i am paying now for the sun baking i did there as well! i see pictures of my friends and they are so tan in the summer time! and it looks awful! i tell myself, my goodness did i look like this as well?!

one crazy thing is, that when they are all pale in the winter time, they have no wrinkles. one of my good friends is older then me, and just turned 35! and she looks no older then 28! and she bakes herself in the sun like crazy in the summer time! this is one thing that makes me angry! how come they don't have sun damage?!! maybe it will just hit them later on..

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
i used to have a friend who was a fashion stylist and she was sooo skinny my god that pic has just reminded me of her. she said she had an allergy to sugar and her teeth were rotten spent a fortune on veneers. so i think she basically was anorexic bulimic as she was stick thin and not large as some bulimics can be.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts