Skin Care Talk banner

ageless science by Alouette

10K views 48 replies 5 participants last post by  jenistutz 
#1 ·
Anyone tried the ageless science by Alouette, it claims to be an alternative to restylane, please shre if you tried it

thanks

#6 ·
chelsie you naughty shopper -- yes I have tried both products -- I stopped because of the nano technology -- I don't understand the concept and the delivery system of both those products are based on nano technology. I did use one entire system and can say that I didn't notice any difference -- maybe I wasn't applying enough.

One thing I was wondering about if the pre-treatment (spray) helps deliver the product could you not use that with any product and get deeper delivery into your skin (if you wanted to chance it)?

#8 ·
I know -- it's addictive.

Nano technology delivers the product deep into your skin -- deeper than can be done if a product doesn't have this technology. What worries me - with this technology does the "nano" particles know when to stop? or does it just keep going as deep as it can -- that worries me 'cause it's one thing to have a product going into your skin and doing what it's supposed to do to your skin but what if it got into you eyes, your brain? I know there was some controversy about this technology which if used correctly is a major breakthrough for science but the controversy stemmed from these nano particles harming the environment.

#10 ·
Hi Mari,
RE: nano technology.
I guess it depends on what the ingredients are that are "nano-delivered"! If it's Vitamin C, then bring it on! I think anything that I use on my face gets absorbed sooner or later and to a lesser or greater degree by my body, so I wouldn't put anything on that would be potentially harmful to any organ of my body. Am I wrong or missing something here?

#12 ·
According to Cosmeticsdesign.com (whoever that is) this is a short explanation of how nano tech works:

Quote:

"A previous breakthrough regarding porous nanoparticles for controlled delivery made by scientists at UCLA is also licensed to the company.

The porous particles are capable of storing and selectively releasing molecules through nanoscale gates that can be opened and closed at will, explained the company."

It sounds like time-release particles but on a much smaller scale to me. Should I be worried?

#15 ·
why wouldn't you put it on first? I was wondering if I used the Aloette energy balance mist which enhances absorption of the serum, but if I used it prior to other serums would it enhance their absorption even though they don't have a nano delivery system? Am I making sense?

#16 ·
Yes you are making sense. I guess I just prioritized in choosing which to use first and decided Retin-A was the bigger gun. Also, if Viterol A could penetrate deeper into the skin, it could probably penetrate a thin layer of Retin-A. ?maybe?
So if my eyes don't pop out from too much "nano" it might help the wrinkles stay away!

How do the Alouette ppl advise using the mist in relation to the nano stuff?
I always have heard to start with the thinnest product and work up to the thickest when layering. How does the mist enhance absorption?

#18 ·
The mist is just like water, it comes out in a fine spray (may be good for settig mineral makeup?) I also found a list of ingredients for both -- nothing harmful in either -- so I think I'm going to resume use; maybe the ingredients would make my arteries younger! I also found out that L'Oreal now uses a lot of nano technology in their products. How can we possibly keep up!

#17 ·
Fawnie to be honest im not sure about this nano technology stuff, think may be id be too chicken to try eye cream with this stuff however some of this alouette stuff seem good, may be il see if any of there eye creams are anti aging enough for me, id never expect to get rid of my lines right under my eyes cause they are far too deep now but fine lines, fingers crossed!

I always thought too you should put your serum on first then or any oils you may use, eye cream and then moisturizer or retinol?

Thanks for info guys

#19 ·
we can''t keep up anew products comes on the market every single day, and it seems to be better than the one we are using..............I'm going broke here, just to keep up with a ggod skin................Maybe nothing can get rid of wrinkles and sgging except restylane and botox, I just hope they have good info at the anti aging show next month.............I'm looking forward to that one..............

#20 ·
I don't try anymore to follow the fads and ads. I just stick to the basics: (don't you know yet what I'm going to say? )
:

Retin-A
Vit C serum
Sunscreen
Facial Exercise and massage.
Stay healthy/don't smoke

Those are the things with the science behind them to prove that they work, so that's where my money goes. Anything else is just on top of those things. The Viterol A is a maybe.

#22 ·
Chelsie,
It has vitamin a, but not specifically retinol. Here is a list of the ingred:

dslaboratoriessale.com | Viterol.A - for Eyes and Corners of the Mouth from DS Laboratories

Even if it contained cat poop I'd probably still use it for the way it works though. The nano technology intrigues me now. At least until my eyes pop out from using it!
I am not the most cautious consumer, so you might want to judge for yourself!!

I think Dermstore.com has the best prices, if you do decide to spring for it. Plus they give you a 10% discount on your "favorites" - the website tells you how to do it.

#23 ·
Chelsie why not just get a facial peel? Use ret product and your vit c and facial excersises girl!

Cause i know what you mean about spending silly amount of money on products seems silly!

Im just still waiting for green cream so gonna purchase some bits to keep me going till then and use them on alternate nights when not using green cream and hopefully just stick with green cream after that hopefully il least get up to level 9! Im getting impatient here though!

Fawnie surely though just by using ret a this peeled away the skin eventually nicely anyway?

#25 ·
Chelsie when i found out about them little while ago the girl told me if you go for stronger peel like the LA peel these can help lifting lines! Dont know much about them but know you need time off to recover afterwoulds if yoiu get a harsher one so to speak, however if green cream dont work i may end up just going for peel myself!

#27 ·
I'm using the mist under my other products -- I want to see if it will intensify the product's effectiveness. If it works with their serum as a prep for the skin I'm thinking it should work with other products too unless all products have to have a compatible nano tech.

Did you buy the Aloette eye cream?

#29 ·
The mist is a nano product which is supposed to set up the skin for absorption of their nano serum. However I'm experimenting to see if I put on the mist and then another product that doesn't have the nano ingredients if it will intensify that product's action. What I understand about nano technology is that the molecules are extremely tiny and therefore absorbed into the skin and penetrate much deeper that with normal delivery systems. Chelsie can correct me if I'm wrong. So far I've used the mist (it's like water) and another serum only twice and I think it's working.

I went into makeup alley and noticed that the aloette peel, firming serum and moisturizer got pretty good reviews. The ageless science products are quite expensive and fairly new so it could be that not too many people have used the product and wrote up reviews (or are using it incorrectly).

#30 ·
Mari though i thought you said that these products though with nano may not be good to use on skin though?

Oh im getting confused!

Its easily done i think though people not using stuff correctly why i always triple check thing!

Anyway im so tired going to bed and i never go to bed early, nearly fell asleep today at work too, oops, spk soon night all!

#31 ·
Mari: I'm new with this line, it's been 2 days now morning and evening ageless science, vit c cocktail with time restore and C3 cellulor crrecting complex and moisture complex.......I'm waiting for the eye recovery pro with dermabind, enzyme peel and line relief serum.........

so much money .....................I'm sticking with this line for at least 1 year..................

#33 ·
Mari just to let you know if you do start using green cream you should use this on its own with nothing else, apparently no cleanser nothing for it to work best!

Are the Borba products really that good i got a bit confused about what was in them in the end so decided not to buy as not heard of most of ingrendients, However when i finish my cleanser there vitamin cleansers and supplements do seem good! What do you think?

So with these Aloutte products are the nano tech ok to use now as far as your concerend? Cause i always thought with the side effects it was not worth the risk, or am i wrong now?

Thanks

#34 ·
I'll remember your point for the Green Cream

I bought new products about a month ago -- because my skin was suffering from neglect and I also felt the stuff I had wasn't really doing any good.
Borba is working for me -- I bought trial kits -- right now I have some acne problems so I'm using the acne kit which is supposed to clean out and refine your pores. the hydrating day cream is great -- it soaks right into your skin and gives your skin a fresh look. The wrinkle repair is also working slowly. All the cleansers are very good - you can leave them soak into your skin and use as a mask. So I think for me, I will continue with this line for a while.

The Aloette line is good -- I like some of the products better than others. They are one of the first I heard about using nano technology. I was wary because I really don t know and haven t read much about this technology so I use it with caution. I m not using the serum just the mist and it seems to be working with other products. As with any other cosmetic, you either believe the mfg. or you don t. Aloette has been in business for a long time so I would be much more inclined to believe them rather than some of the new half-baked companies where you see their ads all over advertising a Face Lift in a Jar. As with anything else, if you notice irritation, stop using the product.

#35 ·
Thanks Mari il bear all the info you said in mind, i suppose the worrying thing about this nano technology is that as you said before if this is meant to go deep into skin how far into the skin are we talking about, and is it really worth taking a risk on something like this!? Can you give me the link if poss, when you can where you are getting the nano tech info from i would not mind having a look into it myself at some point, thanks.

Mari as far as i know Green Cream should be great for helping with acne! You could always use your other products during day and green cream at night! Let me know though if you do start on green cream so far im ok using this personally just taking it slowly and not over doing it!

I have found that sometimes on my skin depending on what is in face cream my face can be very sensative and hence break out in spots and pores clogging myself! I did try to get some of the La Roche Posay Biodemic as this is meant to be nice and gentle wash for the face but they wont allow it here in the UK for some reason or another!

As you said as soon as i get irritation stop using it! Im gonna have a hunt for a nice thick moisturizer and this is easier said than done, so far anything anti aging wise seems to very greasy if you want a good product that is for dry skin!

#36 ·
Thanks Mari il bear all the info you said in mind, i suppose the worrying thing about this nano technology is that as you said before if this is meant to go deep into skin how far into the skin are we talking about, and is it really worth taking a risk on something like this!? Can you give me the link if poss, when you can where you are getting the nano tech info from i would not mind having a look into it myself at some point, thanks.
Here are two sites that will tell you something about nanotech and cosmetics - you can make up your own mind. (in the carefair site you may have to search nanotechnology in cosmetics)

CareFair.com – Skincare tips, trends and information
Safety fears over 'nano' anti-ageing cosmetics - Times Online

#37 ·
Thanks Mari il look at it tomorrow as I have waisted the whole day today, after some twat went into my car whilst it was getting its MOT so am not a happy bunny, as obviously had things to sort with me car! Im so pissed, at least its only me car though and not anything worse! Spk tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.