Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what? I have always had porcelain like skin, very smooth, no lines of any kind. Now it seems that all of a sudden I am having different things wrong with it. Fine lines under eyes bug me the most, and the skin's dryness. Now I am also seeing the line between brows beginning to form. I still think that if I found a good skin regimen for me to keep the skin moisturized and maybe some added anti-aging ingredients it will get back on track. It is just that is very sudden as all. I do wash my face obsessively - never seem to get that squeaky clean feeling.

That being said, and I apologize if that was asked a lot, please recommend a good moisturizing regimen that helps with fine lines as well. The day care ideally with SPF.

I do use an spf moisturizer daily, including under eye area. Drugstore brands like Neutrogena and Olay mainly for all skin care. I have not used any heavy duty products yet.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You know what? I have always had porcelain like skin, very smooth, no lines of any kind. Now it seems that all of a sudden I am having different things wrong with it. Fine lines under eyes bug me the most, and the skin's dryness. Now I am also seeing the line between brows beginning to form. I still think that if I found a good skin regimen for me to keep the skin moisturized and maybe some added anti-aging ingredients it will get back on track. It is just that is very sudden as all. I do wash my face obsessively - never seem to get that squeaky clean feeling.

That being said, and I apologize if that was asked a lot, please recommend a good moisturizing regimen that helps with fine lines as well. The day care ideally with SPF.

I do use an spf moisturizer daily, including under eye area. Drugstore brands like Neutrogena and Olay mainly for all skin care. I have not used any heavy duty products yet.
How lucky you are that you experienced porcelain-like skin --not me. However I can understand your frustration.

I would start off with a light sunscreen.
Use a Vit C serum -- there are recipes on the site for homemade serums.
Buy a good eye cream, day cream and night cream -- you can find several brands that address fine lines and wrinkles -- you just have to test the product to see if it suits your skin type.

Right now I've just changed to using all Dermaglow products == I started with upper lip repair and got good results. Go to a cosmetic counter/store and have some fun. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would like to suggest you stop overwashing your face. You could be getting that dry, crepy look from dehydrating the surface. Wash 2 times a day with a gentle cleanser. no need to be "squeeky clean." Don't spend tons of money either. So many false claims and unfulfilled promises from products. Its most BS! Get samples first! Eye cream and sunscreen- my 2 products I will never give up!!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I agree with skincare dont other wash the face! Try to use natural cleansers etc and also start with using good spf then go on to retinol product! I like the green cream at the mo for my skin, personally and then move on to vit c!

Facial excersises are great to!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I do use SPF 30 every day, and working on not overwashing. My skin is dry no matter what. So if you can please recommend some products with anti-aging ingredients that are very moisturizing, I would really appreciate. I work a lot, so I need something that will last for 10 hours or longer. I am currently looking into the vitamin C and retinaldelhyde products as well. I will continue to search the site, but if someone has a god experience with moisturizing face or eye cream, please let me know. I am waiting for the insurance to kick in for the prescription retinoid.

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Like 24 can i recommend getting a medical examination before over washing the face etc honestly i also have very dry skin but however as i said before this is due to meds and working in air condioned place too!

However it wont help dry skin over washing and also it takes a long time to help dry get soft and supple! Putting though too many products on your face wont help you at all!

Also drink water and eat well! Take food supplements too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts