Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Logged on to alldaychemist website to reorder some HQ. Seems like the site has been changed and no longer uses the same domain. I had to register my details all over again which is a bit weird.

But worst of all is that the HQ is only 2% now and not 4%. I think I clearly remembeer that the last time I ordered it specifically said HQ 4%. Well its the same packaging and everything else.

But I think They have added more ingredients to make it stronger?? "Glyceryl Mono Para Amino Benzoate 2.8%" + HQ 2%. Gosh.........what in heavens does that mean??? Just wondering if the mono=monobenzone?

Anyway one good thing that has come out of this is that the shipping is now $14.40 so it's gone down quite a bit!!!!

OK....well check it out and post your thoughts on this. I have not place an order yet, waiting to see what everybody thinks first. I'll happily be the guinea pig for this new HQ mixed with all these thingymagigs anyway!! lol

Cheers........

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hello guys,

Logged on to alldaychemist website to reorder some HQ. Seems like the site has been changed and no longer uses the same domain. I had to register my details all over again which is a bit weird.

But worst of all is that the HQ is only 2% now and not 4%. I think I clearly remembeer that the last time I ordered it specifically said HQ 4%. Well its the same packaging and everything else.

But I think They have added more ingredients to make it stronger?? "Glyceryl Mono Para Amino Benzoate 2.8%" + HQ 2%. Gosh.........what in heavens does that mean??? Just wondering if the mono=monobenzone?

Anyway one good thing that has come out of this is that the shipping is now $14.40 so it's gone down quite a bit!!!!

OK....well check it out and post your thoughts on this. I have not place an order yet, waiting to see what everybody thinks first. I'll happily be the guinea pig for this new HQ mixed with all these thingymagigs anyway!! lol

Cheers........
I noticed that too.. The HQ said 2%
you can grab that @ the supermarket

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried to order from them and wasn't able to. I had planned to place my next order with ADC. This sucks, I guess you can try the other lady that was recommended; the super skin suggestion.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yikes!
I just got back from the site & overnight it has gone all wonky. I'll give them a call this afternoon. When you search for HQ, you get one that says 2% HQ THEN right below it lists Alustra 4% as the 'USA equivalent'. What the heck does that even mean
They had such a good thing going. I wonder why they messed it up with this confusing misinformation?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe Alustra 4% is one of the names of HQ in the USA, I think....but I am waiting for you to call and confirm. I hope they are still carrying the 4%. I hate when you have found something good, and then out of nowhere it just goes to pieces...so frustrating.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yikes!
I just got back from the site & overnight it has gone all wonky. I'll give them a call this afternoon. When you search for HQ, you get one that says 2% HQ THEN right below it lists Alustra 4% as the 'USA equivalent'. What the heck does that even mean
They had such a good thing going. I wonder why they messed it up with this confusing misinformation?

Thanks for checking Ondine
please keep us updated

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
One thing for sure the website is different. Apparently they are updating the webpage.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
My log in info was still stored, even on the new scrwewd-up site. If you've ordered from them before, log in & go to 'reorder'. All your past orders will be listed there. From this list, you should be able to reorder what you've ogtten in the past. This morning, someone called me from ADC & told me that customs has been cracking down on companies like theirs so they have to be careful what they ship. Gov't people pose as customers, order prescriptions meds w/o a prescription & then, when their stuff arrives, they can NAB the vendors. I understand when people are self-prescribing anti-psychotic drugs, strong sleep aids, tranquilizers & other dangerous substances; but eyelash growth serum & skin lightening cream at 4% (legal level)? Give me a break! THis call came before I went to their website. I've called them back & I'm waiting to hear from them. As soon as I know, so will you.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It would sound to me without looking that their "supply" has been cut off. They clearly had a direct pharmaceutical supply. If there was some sort of crackdown then they would only be able to get the same things that, while prescription, are often sold OTC in SE Asia and India. It is the same in Thailand with things like retin-a where they will sell the .05% in any store but .1% is from a doctor/pharmacy only. This is a worry.

·
Registered
500 Posts
in there listing it says hq 2% with the words 4% alustra underneath ,do they think were are stupid ,how can 4% be equivalent to 2% .well i think they are not alloud to sell it anymore ,and are trying to palm off 2% saying its as good as there 4% alustra.i would not order there 2% thats just a joke

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
in there listing it says hq 2% with the words 4% alustra underneath ,do they think were are stupid ,how can 4% be equivalent to 2% .well i think they are not alloud to sell it anymore ,and are trying to palm off 2% saying its as good as there 4% alustra.i would not order there 2% thats just a joke
Could be a legal issue. They could have to represent it as 2% by law now? These are all thoughts. I know there are many websites that sell illegal drugs and they list them often as "herbal" tranquilisers or "herbal" steroids but then those who "know" and have done business know they get the real deal and word of mouth gets them more clients. There was a whole special report on these internet pharmacies. The issue is local authorities. If someone has contacted them it may be prudent for the sake of this site if that person contacts them again and asks for an explanation. They in turn will likely explain their position and what is going on.

There can be several explanations but the bottom line is that it can be anything from their credit card processing company to local authorities to a shut off of supply.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
They just returned my call & we spoke at lengtth. Apparently, re lumigan, there was a problem with selling it w/o a prescription for a patent violation. The identical generic will be up on the site within 3-4 days. It'll be called CAREPROST & it is identical in its active & its carrier base. They are experiencing all kinds of technical difficulties with their phones as well as their website. Apparently, their tech guys are running around like their hair's on fire trying to fix it. they were very apologetic. As for the weirdness on the HQ4% page, this is an error that they will also be correcting soon-so, all is not lost with our source. PHEW! THAT was a scramble. they'll be calling me back later with an update.

I've also suggested that next time they foresee a problem with their supply for whatever reason to email regular customers so we have the option of stocking up ahead of time as a precaution. I hope this info helps some of you out there.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
So Ondine the CAREPOST will be available without the script?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Ondine, how has the lash length gotten for you? Is it really long now? Any photos? I'm kind of afraid to judge the website since they're all paid models and whatnot. :p

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It sure will. Give them a few days to iron out the kinks in their new site & it'll be there. Since it is a generic, it may be even less expensive than the $15 or so we were paying for lumigan. Take THAT, Latisse<----$130-$150 a pop.
& the bottle is SMALLER too!

·
Registered
500 Posts
cool so carefrost is the 4% alustra underneath a new name?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good work ondine!

I really really need the HQ so badly as I've got only 2 tubes left but will have to wait 3-4 days regarding the lumigan as I want to do it all as one order. They still have the Lumigan equivalent on their site though so....

Well I guess we just have to wait. I have sent them an email as well so would be sharing any info on the thread.

So breathe easy guys........all is not lost!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
No; CAREPROST will be the LUMIGAN generic version. The HQ4% will be the same as always. They just have to correct the error on the new site.

Supermodella, my eyes in my Avatar photo are completely unmade-up. No liner, no mascara no concealer. My lashes are crazy-long. If you go to the Latissedotcom website & check the clinical trial photos, these are unpaid test subjects who participated in the Allergan clinical studies that they submitted to the FDA. they are unretouched.

I began seeing results 2 weeks or so into treatment: a thin row of very dark & very thick baby lashes began to sprout. My mother is 4 weeks into her lumigan treatment (from ADC) & it looks like she's wearing a fine row of liquid liner because of all the new lashes-& she's almost 73 yrs old! She's also thrilled with her 3rd month using RA 0.05%. She uses the 0.1% only on some areas due to sensitivity issues. She looks nowhere near her age.

This is a really great product that is fast & easy to use. I'm sure you'll love your results.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Feedback Guys!

Everything is back to normal on the site except for the lumigan which says you need to call and fax out a prescription first. Thank God HQ 4% is back!

Just want to order everything in a go with the "careprost" but don't think I'll wait for it because it might take more than 3-4 days to put up what with their custom problems.

Anyhow, the website is back to norm and my log in details and info are now available again.

Phew!!

1 - 20 of 225 Posts