Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So I've finally gotten my hands on the Likas soap. I was able to find it at a local Asian supermarket. It was 3.99 + tax. I bought three bars. I can't wait to report back with my findings soon.

Now I know there is no quick fix to skin lightening. As I've mentioned, I'm tying the knot this summer. From what I've read, there are some great long term regimens to take on for some serious results. However, I'm interested in finding out if there are any short term results oriented approaches to take. Should I be using any lotions, etc. in addition to the Likas soap?

I've read about some gels/lotions. Which ones would you guys recommend? I have about 6+ weeks to lighten. I've been quite busy with the planning and all that I've totally neglected my plans to lighten my skiN (till now). *sigh*

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Cuteashell, your post is beginning to look like
. The identical post that is long on
but short on any real evidence (active ingredients in the formulation & their concentrations).

Laila: I loved the effect I got from the Likas soap. It really cleans like crazy: the dead skin washed away & the soap left no residue of any kind to slow the absorption of my lightening creams. It also doesn't leave a 'smell' on the skin. The soap itself is not a lightening agent & the Likas company makes no outrageous claims. I am ordering more today! If you want lightening, Likas soap is a great way to begin with a clean slate. Now, you need to choose a lightening regimen to follow. I'm glad you found the soap at a great price!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Laila: I loved the effect I got from the Likas soap. It really cleans like crazy: the dead skin washed away & the soap left no residue of any kind to slow the absorption of my lightening creams. It also doesn't leave a 'smell' on the skin. The soap itself is not a lightening agent & the Likas company makes no outrageous claims. I am ordering more today! If you want lightening, Likas soap is a great way to begin with a clean slate. Now, you need to choose a lightening regimen to follow. I'm glad you found the soap at a great price!
Hey, ondine! I'm liking the Likas soap so far. My skin feel smoother and softer (after only a few applications). And it definitely is drying! However, it's manageable thanks to moisturizer.

What lightening regimen would you suggest for someone in my shoes? I don't have the time (for the next month and some weeks) to order and wait for the products to arrive. Do you think I could get some results with the Neostrata (with 2% HQ and 10% glycolic acid)? If so, how should I use this? I'm willing to purchase several tubes to ensure consistency from head to toe. After the wedding, I can order the other mentioned products.

Thanks for your input (as always).

·
Registered
81 Posts
ondine...my post is not spam....i didnt direct anyone to any website, I just had a lot to say. Everyone wants to know what works and I simply shared just that. I included my personal story becasue I know some people can odentify with it. But no, I am a real person, dont need to sell anyone enything. I have been a member to this board since 2008, I just havent been as active as I was then because after I lost my job, I enrolled back in school for my masters. I would appreciate it if you did not opt to delete my post. It is not right. I have a right just as you to post on here.......

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Of course you have the right to post here & your personal story is as valid as anyone else's. The issue is copy/pasting the identical post all over the place. The problem with many creams coming out of some African countries is a lack of oversight in their compounding so often the ingredients listed & their concentrations are inaccurate. Often, they've been revealed to contain adulterating & dangerous ingredients. While anecdotal evidence is interesting, scientific evidence is vital. Before commenting on vit-fee, I looked it up to get its ingredients. All the so-called actives are in a base of Vaseline! Petroleum based products just sit on the skin & do not penetrate. No reputable company anywhere uses vaseline as a base for their products. This immediately raised a red flag for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
with all do respect....I dont know about it not penetrating the skin because it seems to be doing just that. Even when I run out for a couple days, I am not freaking out because I do not easily revert back to a darker color. I totally understand the thing with the copy&paste issue but I simply found it convenient to do just that because I didnt want to have to write the same looong post over and over. I did that just in case some people didnt move around in the forums. Sometimes, if I post a question or whatever, I might not have the time to sit on here all day and just navigate thru all the boards and may simply go straight to mine. I copied&pasted so as to make sure anyone who might find the info valuable could see it and try it....

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for explaining why you did this. How many shades have you lightened over the 6 yrs you've been using this method?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ondine, I'm hoping you could answer my Q in this thread. Can I use any readily available product (like the Neostrata) to lighten my skin for the next 5 weeks? If so, how should I apply it?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Neo strata makes several excellent lightening products. their HQ+ was something I used in the beginning & I got good results from it., Since I'm lightening all over, it became cost prohibitive. In 5 weeks, you will see a little brightening & evening but no dramatic results. It is just not enough time. Neo Strata also has a new HQ free lightener for you if you do not want to use HQ.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How would I use their cream, ondine? It comes in a medium sized tube. Do I apply after a bath? On dry skin or wet? How much? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You apply it after cleansing & on dry skin.The tube comes with instructions. You use as little as you can get away with. Smearing on a thick coating is just a waste of cream.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Likas papaya soap is a whiteneng soap,I'm from the philippines where it came from,they only cover or took the word whitening so they can ship it to US. A lot of people use Likas because its effective and cheap.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I liked the likas soap too. It did not whiten my skin at all, but it did clean it thoroughly & exfoliate it very well leaving me with a clean slate for my creams. Jose, a member here, introduced many of us to that soap & posted photos of his great results. What is the lightening agent in it? It can't be kojic, because I was irritated by kojic in another similar soap.

BTW, what whitening creams are popular & effective in the philippines?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Likas papaya soap is a whiteneng soap,I'm from the philippines where it came from,they only cover or took the word whitening so they can ship it to US. A lot of people use Likas because its effective and cheap.
Princess, I think it depends on which skin shade you are talking about but the soap can't be relied on for lightening. Ondine I know Godiva and Diana Stalder are popular Phillipine products but not ones I consider serious lighteners. I'm sure there are more.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've heard of those; but didn't find much in the way of evidence that they truly lighten. I'd bet that, like elsewhere, the effective creams contain HQ, Tretinoin, Mono or MSH as actives. This last one has great potential & I am reading as much as I can get my hands on about it. If the 'talk' turns out to be true, it'll be an option to trump HQ or mono. As soon as I know, so will you guys. Meanwhile, until I can point to something (NOT ad-copy
) I will post it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts