Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how almond oil compares with rosehip oil and vit. c in the anti-wrinkle department. I just read in our newpaper that it is almond oil is the oil of choice to maintain and restore elasticity to the skin.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have never seen any test where these oils singly have been compared with each other. The research where for example rosehip oil have shown to be effective against sundamage and scars never conclude that it is that much better than all the others. It could well be that almond oil have an upper hand on some skin conditions and skin types.

Both rose hip oil and almond oil are light oils that when used on skin improve different skin issues like dryness, wrinkles, elasticity, and both are very good carriers for other ingredients. Rose hip oil contains some omega 3, that almond does not. Rose hip oil is the lightest of them and for dry skin better combined with other oils that have more a nurishing effect. Almond oil have more vitamin E and are considered to have a better softening effect than pure rose hip oil, and can also be used single on dry skin. Most oils are used in blends and these two often with thicker and more nurishing oils like avocado, shea butter (in creams), and others.

When it comes to rejuvenate skin, restore elasticity and improve wrinkles one ingredient is just not enough. Both of these oils go well together in a cream and with vitamin C or other ingredients. In short; when it comes to wrinkles and anti aging it is not "no thanks" to one or the other but "both thank you".

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Netty i have used both of these oils and they keep my skin hydrated and i find they take a while to soak into the skin properly, however i do like them, and yeah as 2 blue said you can either put them in with your creams or just on a damp face! I mix these altogther now onto my face! Also avacodo oil is good for dry skin, camellia oil is also meant to be god for anti aging there are many oils out there that you can try!

However antiaging wise im not sure how much they do!

If you have wrinkles my understanding is the best way to soften these is from facial excersie and massage! As 2 blue said as well vit c also helps!

·
Registered
958 Posts
All drug- and healthfood stores have almond oil, and often rose hip oil too. If you shop online there are lots of places that carry them. Make shore they are cold pressed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I used almond oil to prevent strech marks while pregnant, I have NO strech marks, could be due to almond oil.........................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts