Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum - am approaching my 60th birthday this year. I've studied skincare and anti-aging since my late 30's and I think it has paid off
I was recently told I looked 35! But I'm always looking for new ideas and tips for my age group. I'm looking for ways to maintain a clear jowl line (I've started developing pouches, much to my dismay!). if you have good ideas, let me know! I'm also trying to lessen hair loss, which I'm experiencing quite a bit of in the last year. Thyroid is normal. Any tips on that would be welcome as well!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
For the hair take Biotin. Just google search biotin/hair you will get lots of info. Welcome to the group and please do share your formula for success with us and don't forget to check out the anti-aging forum here.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Welcome-wow 60 but look 35, that is great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will say that I've studied anti-aging for about 20 years. I've done facial exercises off and on for 12 years. I started out with Facial Aerobics 12 years ago and saw a great improvement. I now do a combination of various exercises I've experimented with over the years - from various sources. I also use Facial Flex exerciser which has helped, as well. I'm also a huge advocate of Vit. C for the skin. I've used SkinCeuticals for about five years and love it. I have sensitive, rosacea skin, so I cannot use Retin-A or harsh glycolics. But I use Mandelic Acid successfully with no irritation (for exfoliation). Epionce makes a nice product, too, called Lite Lytic Lotion - for sensitive skin exfoliation. There is also a little device called Lusciou Lips that helps make lips full without injections. I've had some laser treatments over the past three years to rid myself of brown spots and prominent redness. I try to maintain that with one or two laser treatments per year. I am also a huge advocate of taking fish oil (I take one that my naturopath carries that has been tested for mercury) - and a diet high in good fats (avocados, nuts, dark chocolate, olives, olive oil, pacific salmon). I was also tested to be extremely low in Vit. D. After I started supplements and got my Vit. D levels balanced, my skin got better! Those are a few tips. I will look into biotin for the hair loss - as that is my current topic of research! I just haven't found a good resolution to it! Thanks for that tip!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I take Biotin and horsetail supplements for my hair. Shedding has been my current focus-

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow cmc325 60 and look 35 please share
what about those lip lines anything for that you have advice for.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi cmc325 and welcome sounds like you are doing pretty darn good! The only thing I would suggest is as Mariepop stated earlier facial exercises. This might just be what you are looking for. Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also new to skin care talk.
Will be 60 next yr and find your comments interesting.
I have been told that Pre-natal vit. are really good for
hair lost. Good Luck
Dona

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi almost 60
I am 30 years old and get told I look like I am 19

I use Arbonne products and absolutely love them! I am not advertising (the only way to get product is through a representative) I am just saying if you were interested in more information, the rep that takes care of me is very knowledgable about the products offered and would be able to give you better insight than I can - I am picky with products and I have never seen anything work like this company's products, they are all botanically based and I use their anti-aging line - I have compliments on my skin daily! I have never been able to really "toot my own horn" about my skin and the reason I joined this sight is because I am proud of the way my skin looks
I have a glow to my skin, my skin is firm, my mother uses the same line and she had the sagging of skin, but that changed drastically in only 3 months - and even now (a year after starting the product) she looks even more amazing
I hope that helps!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi cmc325 and welcome sounds like you are doing pretty darn good! The only thing I would suggest is as Mariepop stated earlier facial exercises. This might just be what you are looking for. Good luck
She does that already if you read her earlier post

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re:Almost 60 and looking for good tips'
I am almost 60 and I have reasonably good skin.
I have one thing however that really bothers me Ihave deep wrinkles above
my lips no matter what I put on them nothing seems to help.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The Key to looking younger I think is maintenance, be it skincare, exercise, plenty of sunscreen and trying everything. Don't give up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts