Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am using Donnel 20 (20% Glycolic) mixed with a copper peptide (protect and restore from SkinBiology) and Eucerin Intensive Repair all mixed together. I am thinking of trying a product from Kavi that is 40-50% Glycolic but I am petrified I will peel like lepper. Anyone have any experience with higher level glycolics, especially the Kavi Products? The 20% is perfect for my face but I think I need a higher glycolic to resurface my body skin as I have a lot of accumulated skin damage from the sun.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
IluvNY-why do you say that? It is weird as I have been using the peptides about the same amount of time that I have noticed the damage. How could this be? Should I just stop these? I must admit that my decollete is much better since I started in terms of pigment changes and oddly my hands are still fine if not better and I do not use peptides on them as I usually wash them a few times between the application during my night regimen and bed so I usually just use the Donell 20 (20% glycolic) as a hand cream and go to bed. It is the only area that has been looking better.

I never heard of damage from copper-peptides I thought they were supposedly some miracle cream but oddly you may be right! Can anyone elaborate as to why these may do that?

I bought a ton of products today at whole food markets, all "soothing". First I bough Aquaphor this am at Walgreens then I bought Burt's Bees Carrot Body Cream for "sun drenched, dry damaged skin" and then I got Jojoba Oil, a massage oil with Jojoba and Extra Virgin Coconut, a Jojoba and Oatmeal Scrub/mask. I am aiming to sooth my skin. It is like my skin became "leathery" overnight. There is just like a hardened layer over my arms especially. Let me know why you think it is the peptides. I spent a fortune on products from SkinBiology and now I wonder if you are not right as it makes perfect sense now-what a waste of money if they did this!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
IluvNY I have advised Fawnie of my regimen and am awaiting her advice. I also bought a lot of calming products yesterday and will be giving my skin a break to see if what I am doing is what is causing damage. The big problem is when you start getting obsessive like I am and using everything possible it is hard to know just which product or what in your regime is causing the problem. BTW where in London do you live? I used to live in Maida Vale and Muswell Hill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts