Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used at home Micro-Dermabrasion? I have been recommended Lancome and Dr Brandt but they are expensive! Has anyone used these before or does anyone have a favorite they swear by?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hello Koolio30,
I use the Avon dermabrassion. I like it, no smell no big kit to take out, and it gives me results. I've never tried the one from Lancome though that would be different to try. Should you try the one from Avon let me know which you like better. I suspect you may be shocked at how well it works. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I bought one of the home kits but was warned against it. Mine is still in the drawer and I will throw it out because I read that they can be unpredicatable in terms of result. It is not very expensive to have a mild glycolic acid peel in a salon

Hope this helps,

redrose

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I gave myself 65% glycolic peels and people here have given (and I will give myself) at home TCA peels. It is not as scary or harsh as you think and the glycolics are frankly uncomfortably itchy but achieve more than any at home microdermabrasion will--both aim to rejuvenate skin through a surface peel. TCA is much deeper depending on how you use it and is considered medium-depth as opposed to light peel.

·
Registered
419 Posts
PHILOSOPHY
The Microdelivery Peel\t
I've used it for years, it's excellent.
I use this too....Excellent product

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the people that are happy with the at-home Microdermabrasion kits have never had professional microdermabrasion in a medical setting. I've done both and the professional micro is light years ahead of the garbage you get at home. The crystals used are often the same, but your hand-held "wand" that runs on double "a" batteries is never going to be the same as the powerful stuff used at the doctor's. Moreover, if it were ever to be as strong, that's something that you wouldn't want to do on yourself.

Your best bet is to get a really good exfoliant.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the people that are happy with the at-home Microdermabrasion kits have never had professional microdermabrasion in a medical setting. I've done both and the professional micro is light years ahead of the garbage you get at home. The crystals used are often the same, but your hand-held "wand" that runs on double "a" batteries is never going to be the same as the powerful stuff used at the doctor's. Moreover, if it were ever to be as strong, that's something that you wouldn't want to do on yourself.

Your best bet is to get a really good exfoliant.
Yep I agree 100%. Nothing better than a professional microderm! I have done both home and professional. Gave up on the home kits a LONG time ago. And really for a professional microderm the cost isn't bad. I get a professional facial and microderm every 4-6 wks. It takes the tone of my skin to the next level. It gets rid of the dull, not glowing skin, and makes my skin soft, smooth and polished.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts