Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember very clearly, a motorized... either battery powered or recharging, face scrubber advertised on TV. I could swear it was made by either Clearasil or Clean & Clear... but I cannot find anything online even close to resembling what I saw on that commercial. I've tried several search engines, looking for the commercial on YouTube, and searching several store online catalogs. I'm pretty sure it was advertised sometime earlier this year? Anyone remember this product?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think it was a Neutrogena Wave Duo. THANK YOU. Man, that was driving me nuts.

Okay, so I watched a user made review of the product and it seems pretty decent, but to be honest it seems like a cheap gimmik compared to more expensive products that actually have a moving scrubber. With this product, the entire unit vibrates... not just the scrubber pad. I thought it might work like either one of those spinning electric buffers you use to polish a car, or like one of those orbital sanders (sanding/scrubbing pad vibrates in an circular motion at a high speed). But I guess you won't get much for $13.

I gotta ask... is it worth buying compared to what else is on the market? If there's something better with a pad that actually moves, spins, or vibrates... what can one get for the least amount of money, without buying a cheap gimmik or being ripped off?

Also, how agressively does the newer Wave Duo vibrate on the highest setting? Do you HAVE to use the pads for it that Neutrogena makes ($8 for 30 pack) or can you use a generic normal circular face clensing pad?

I'd be greatful if anyone could answer these questions....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts