Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I’ve been bleaching my face with hydroquinone for about 10 months now. My whole body including my neck is pale. However I cannot get my face pale I’ve tried kojac acid, glycolic acid peels, vitamin c and regular sunscreen use. Could my face be immune to hydroquinone, if so how do I go about taking a break without loosing results.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Use a good natural lightener and use hq every 2 days.. in the day where u use hq u can also layer with ur natural lightener.. in this way u can lighten further and keep ur hq results

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you take hq breaks
No I haven’t taken breaks, I’ve used hydroquinone for 10 months and haven’t got any harsh effects so I never thought one was necessary. I’m afraid I’ll lose my results if I take breaks from hydroquinone. How do I go about it ?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I think that’s why you got immune to it , it is recommended to take break minimum for 6 week , you won’t loose your result if you use a natural lighting product like kojic acid or arbutin with exfoliation aswell

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys,
I’ve been bleaching my face with hydroquinone for about 10 months now. My whole body including my neck is pale. However I cannot get my face pale I’ve tried kojac acid, glycolic acid peels, vitamin c and regular sunscreen use. Could my face be immune to hydroquinone, if so how do I go about taking a break without loosing results.
What sunscreen have you been using? Are you in a tropical climate?
Also what % of HQ have you been using on your body/face for the past 10 months?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts