Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dominant side is the right and it lightens a shade more than the left, anyone else? I think it's a shade, how do you judge that? Does anyone know why that would happen?
Also, I'm having trouble getting past my original shade. I got rid of my permatan, but my original shade is Halle Berry, I'm wanting to get to Alicia Keys shade when she's not tanned.

I'm using L'abidjanaise lotion once a day (I don't think it has steroids because I'd be lightening more and quicker, right? ) retin A 1% every other day and ASDM Beverly hills maximum strength skin lightening body lotion once a week. I've been lightening off and on for a couple of years, but got more consistent for the past 2 months.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've only noticed the inner areas of both arms lightened before the exterior. Yet, generally both lightening around same speed. Perhaps since you use your dominant side more, it received more exposure to sun/light..just a guess. I've never heard of this otherwise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never have either, it's strange. But I'm more wondering what to do to lighten past my original shade, should I increase how often I apply the lotion? Thank you for talking to me Gummi bear.😊

·
Registered
79 Posts
I never have either, it's strange. But I'm more wondering what to do to lighten past my original shade, should I increase how often I apply the lotion? Thank you for talking to me Gummi bear.😊
If you haven't done the exfoliation process (6-8 weeks), it is best to do this first. Then introduce lighteners afterwards, along with occluding, a good broad spectrum spf 50+, reduce sun exposure, etc.

✨ Read through this post here, it's good standard & steps that should help:

L'abidjanaise lotion & creme is known to have 7.1% hyroquinone, which is pretty strong. (the tube has steroids). I've never tried this brand personally. Perhaps your skin has become used to the Hq (hydroquinone) now & needs several months break, this happens with Hq products.

Yw. I haven't been the most dedicated in full body lightening in years, mainly just lightening the more exposed areas off & on.. so I'm kind of rusty.

The search tool is our best friend. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I noticed the same thing actually. But I exfoliate my dominant side a little better than my left, and Im 100 percent sure thats why my right side is more pale

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed the same thing actually. But I exfoliate my dominant side a little better than my left, and Im 100 percent sure thats why my right side is more pale
I don't think that's the case for me, I exfoliate pretty evenly. Which makes it weirder lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts