Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just wanted to post my views on the homemade vit c serum and retin A. Wow is all I can say. After only a week of using them my skin is flawless. It's a miracle.
All I will say is that the first time I made the vit C serum my skin stung a little. Would that be because its too acidic? I have ph strips and it marked around 3. Still it slightly stung? Any ideas? My next batch will have more base gel. I added more base gel to that last batch too.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi all I just wanted to post my views on the homemade vit c serum and retin A. Wow is all I can say. After only a week of using them my skin is flawless. It's a miracle.
All I will say is that the first time I made the vit C serum my skin stung a little. Would that be because its too acidic? I have ph strips and it marked around 3. Still it slightly stung? Any ideas? My next batch will have more base gel. I added more base gel to that last batch too.
To me when I feel the sting from my DIY Vit C it just means it is actually working. If I didn't feel the sting I would be concerned it wasn't strong enough.

If your PH strip is reading 3 it is fine. Mine reads anywhere from 2.5-3

·
Registered
550 Posts
Oh! to be so 'happygolucky!" I bet by "flawless" she means smooth. If I apply my Vit. C serum 3 times with about a half hour between applications it does make your skin look "flawless" I mean Smooth.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Nope - Never I hear you guys rant and rave about it and on that basis I recommend it. But I've never tried it... Can't get some of the ingredients up here- out in the sticks...and since Dear S__t head let me use his card to get TCA peel, which I told him was only 36$....I didn't mention the shipping of 32$ I seriously doupt he'll let me use it to order again. LOL!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't "DIY" make my own because I'm afraid of doing it wrong. Maybe someday! Vitamin C serum is excellent! Most days that is all I use on my face. It really does give your skin a smooth satiny look and also erases brown spots and gives some sun protection.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nope - Never I hear you guys rant and rave about it and on that basis I recommend it. But I've never tried it... Can't get some of the ingredients up here- out in the sticks...and since Dear S__t head let me use his card to get TCA peel, which I told him was only 36$....I didn't mention the shipping of 32$ I seriously doupt he'll let me use it to order again. LOL!
You should do a Trade for some.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Maybe- soetime....I tried the one from Avon maybe a yr or 2 ago...all it did then was aggrivate my acne BIG TIME so I chucked in the garbage can.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi lordm. Newbie to the forum here. I just ordered Retin A and am working on a simple (very simple) routine. I hadn't planned on adding Vit C just yet, but now I'm thinking about it. Where do you get Complex31 and cell C? And do you use both at the same time or alternate?

P.S. I like your avatar. Is it something you painted?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mony, If you live anywhere near Mississauga, I'll be happy to bring TCA up to you when I'm visiting. I don't think I paid anywhere near $32 for shipping. Just think of all the exta TCA you can get for $32.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Thanks you are a sweet heart!!!!!!! I'm no where near Missisauga, I have no idea where you are at but I think I'm about 6-7 hours from there- I'm really out in the boonys - sticks, I have gotten my tca peel one 1/2 ounce 12.50, and then 1 ounce 18%. So I'm set for a while.... but thank you very much! (Now that is sweet!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi its happy here. I will clarify that first post. I have no idea why I said flawless, I did mean smooth. I wear makeup so when your skin is smooth it just looks better.

I actually had really bad acne and thats why I joined the forum bec I was after losing all confidence in myself. I know a week is very far fetched- to actually notice changes but the smoothness is certainly very noticeable. I started taking the pill again in the last 2 months so that would certainly account for my skin clearing up.

I honestly think the retin-A at night has done wonders in just a week. I was unsure bec of the stinging, about the vit C but let it sting away, I've put all sorts on my skin over the years its prob damaged enough!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts