Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I got a little micro peeling that was it. I think I needed to do more traditional peels on my feet along with active lotions (spaced out accordingly, of course).

The best thing I did was to avoid wearing shoes/heels that didn't fit properly so I didn't get as much hyperpigmentation from traction in the first place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
About 5 days ago, I used Amlactin on my neck and then began to dab some 'Pure Retinol Cream Serum( by Imagine Dermatlogy) on top of it. The only thing I had been using up to that point was kojie san soap. As soon as I applied the Retinol serum, I felt a burn. I had read that it was normal to feel a little tingle, so I convinced myself that the burning was only a tingle.lol
3minutes in, I was wiping it all off with tap water! My neck began to flake/peel a bit but I don't think it burned my skin or caused pih(post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation), though it is irritated on some parts.
Yesterday( 4 days later) I did a sea salt bath and KIT scrub where I exfoliated the flakes away. Now, I'm only going to use Neosporin and a vitamin C serum on my neck until all of the irritation is gone. Then I'll start back exfoliating and adding lighteners. I hope it only takes a few days. My neck is the #1 reason why I've started lightening.

I'm learning to be more careful with with acids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts