Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone,

After reading about lessening the reaction to Retin-A, and how it says to wait 30 minutes before applying Retin-A so it is NOT absorbed so quickly got me thinking.

All this time when applying my Meladerm I usually wait at least ten minutes until it is REALLY dry thinking that my skin would desperately suck up the cream, now I'm thinking I should apply it straight after washing and it may absorb better.

What do you think? Would it make a difference at all I wonder?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
periwinkle, what is a good cleanser that doesnt strip off the acid mantle of your skin but cleans very well. I know that spectrojel is good but its not sold in the states/NY where I am.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
periwinkle, what is a good cleanser that doesnt strip off the acid mantle of your skin but cleans very well. I know that spectrojel is good but its not sold in the states/NY where I am.
I also use the Earthscience cleanser (per Peri's advice!) and like it. It tends to dry my face out a little more than what I was using before (Olay Gentle Foaming Cleanser) but it has the right pH so I don't have to wait 30 minutes after cleansing to apply my exfoliant. Oh, and I found this at Whole Foods for about $8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts