Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been using Green Cream L6 for 2 1/2 weeks. I have experienced no redness, drying or flaking. I read some posts on the green cream forum indicating that not all experience that problem. I really have not noticed any improvement in my skin. I know alot of people on this forum have used and still use green cream. Do you think that after using the L6 I should move up to L9, or is it to soon...I dont want to rush into anything, but I am wondering since my skin is so tough and oily if I would benefit from a higher percentage of the cream??? just wondering. I know it takes time to see results, but I have read that some noticed improvement after one week??? could this be possible???

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ok I have been using Green Cream L6 for 2 1/2 weeks. I have experienced no redness, drying or flaking. I read some posts on the green cream forum indicating that not all experience that problem. I really have not noticed any improvement in my skin. I know alot of people on this forum have used and still use green cream. Do you think that after using the L6 I should move up to L9, or is it to soon...I dont want to rush into anything, but I am wondering since my skin is so tough and oily if I would benefit from a higher percentage of the cream??? just wondering. I know it takes time to see results, but I have read that some noticed improvement after one week??? could this be possible???
No No No do not move up!!! Still too soon to see results. They will come in due time, if you move up I am afraid you will be sorry

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Really just try to be patient with it. You have only been using it for a week. Are you only using it a night? And are you applying it all over? Or just certain areas?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Sorry, I just saw, it says you have been using it 2 1/2 weeks.......hmmmmm ok lets give it at least a good 3 1/2.......LOL then lets see what has happened

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My personal experience of the green cream is i have seen far more improvements on lev 6 than lev 3 but can only use tiny tiny amount of lev 6 on my skin cause otherwise my whole face peels! EEk

However when i get my new order of level 3 i shall try using this twice a day, as suggested by kevin on green forum, as this is the more comfortable level for me, but however if this is not giving me the better improvements i shall then move back up to level 6!

I am though slowly seeing improvements in my skin!

Mom you could always see what kevin thinks of green cream forum, you might find better improvement by moving on to retin a! Just a suggestion though

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, maybe I will wait till I am all finished with the L6 bottle, If I dont feel there has been any improvement then I think I may try the Retin. I have not experienced any peeling at all, I think it is because of my type of skin (OILY OILY OILY) no breakouts either (as of yet anyway) I dont want to speak to soon.......Is it true that the micro-retin (I think that's what its called) is also a good product????? a little less irritating?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Try going on green cream forum and check this with kevin but however i would try to up the level 6 to twice a day and then if that has not made any improvements you may need a ret product!

You could always move up to level 9, i certainly noticed the difference from level 3 to 6, level 3 did not do anything really for my skin, but yet level 6 is quite strong on my face, so hence why im upping my dose as suggested by kevin to lev 3 to twice a day!

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im thinking maybe I could move up to 2x a day....I will try and check with Kevin..

thanks NY (I Love NY too) I live a ferry boat away from Manhattan........Used to work right behind the world trade center....what a tragedy.....

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I am only using it at night...do you think I should try and use it 2x a day???morning and night????
Yes, try it 2x's a day. I use level 6 but did go all the way to level 9. I use level 6 and alternate that with Retin-A micro, and yes, to answer your question, micro is alot less aggressive than the reg Retin-A. I have .04% and .1% of the micro and like it alot.

I continue using the GC because I like the results and love the consistency of it.

It will work for you, I promise-

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok..glad to hear that. I will up to 2x a day, Let me ask you, If I put it on in the morning, then I should not put any other products on??? except for sunscreen??

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mom you must have an interesting way of living thats for sure! Dont think i could live on a boat myself! Barely have enough room for all my crap in the flat we live in!

Where you there then when the World trade centre incident happened?

Anyhow getting bk to green cream no you should not really use it with anything i myself put on the spf in morning when get bk from work cleanse my face wait 30 mins put GC on then again do this before going to bed!

I dont know if you have looked on GC forum but there are all the directions on how to use this and many other useful tips you may want to read about!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom, just to clarify: you should always wear sunscreen with Green Cream if you use it in the daytime. Your skin is more susceptible to sun damage.

You could use moisturizer over it too if you need it. Foundation too.
It is inactivated by light, so most ppl use it during the night. You would have to use the strongest SS possible with it or it would be wasted.

Or, you could use a glycolic product in the am, since that wouldn't be inactivated by light.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ok..glad to hear that. I will up to 2x a day, Let me ask you, If I put it on in the morning, then I should not put any other products on??? except for sunscreen??
Yes in the AM, I applied the GC, then did my hair, then applied my sunscreen then my foundation. No problem with this kind of layering at all. Just try and do a waiting period in between each application. I do anyways.

At night I cleanse, tone, use my Vit C serum, then my GC, and I moisturize. You should skip the moisturizer since you have oily skin.

Hope you get some kind of result using 2x's a day. Have faith my friend, it will work!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No..LOL LOL I dont live on a boat, I guess after reading my post it could be interpreted that way. What I meant was I live only a boat away. (meaning I could take the ferry from my home town to Manhattan) I apologize about that..Wow living on a boat, I would really need SPF 50 LOL I witnessed the second tower going down from my office, it was the most horrific thing I ever witnessed in my life,

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Off topic I know, but, WoW, Mom, it must have been awful being in a skyscraper watching another skyscraper going down.
It's one of those touchstone events you never forget, like, "Where were you when JFK was shot?", isn't it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
absolutely.....all of New York just shut down...the scariest thing I have ever experienced.. many people from my area perished. You could not get in touch with anyone phone lines were overwhelmed. After that everytime a plane traveled over your home, you ran outside to make sure everything was ok,, sheer panic for many many months after that, not knowing what was going to be next..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
absolutely.....all of New York just shut down...the scariest thing I have ever experienced.. many people from my area perished. You could not get in touch with anyone phone lines were overwhelmed. After that everytime a plane traveled over your home, you ran outside to make sure everything was ok,, sheer panic for many many months after that, not knowing what was going to be next..
Hi Mom - I was there too, working at the World Financial Center. I left shortly after that - had to get away - came to Toronto - but still miss NYC.

Congratulations on 100 posts!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat may be i am incorrect to say buy i did not think you should mix Vit C and retinolds at the same time?

Am i wrong anyone cause just wanted to pick this one out!

I know also when i read the how to read the green cream directions on the post, they recommend not to use toner at same time with green cream!

Also personally mom from my experience using the GC if you can use this twice on its own may be late afternoon and before bed you might find the GC works better, rather than using this with the spf or anything that might inactivate the GC! These are just my thoughts for ya though, good luck with it, let us know how it goes

1 - 20 of 37 Posts