1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU CAN BLEACH YOUR SKIN
<---

This is why creams promising 'total whiteness' or 'total fairness'
in 4 weeks flat are BOGUS. the darker the skin, the more melanin saturated it is. It is also thicker & more dense than light skin. The melanin that you can see is already in there. It does not bleach like fabric. This pre-existing melanin rich skin has to exfoliate away over time. As the new skin cells form, the lightning compound you are using inhibits the ability for as much melanin to be formed. This newer skin (that 'glow' you see shining through your darker skin) will be exposed through exfoliation. Every month, new skin cells are produced. As you continue using HQ, this skin will form less & less melanin. Skin will lighten as the old dark skin exfoliates away & new skin affected by the lightening agent is exposed.

Some lightening creams contain light reflecting particles & slightly white particles in them. These spread on with the cream & can give an 'instant results' false impression. The Aveeno with soy lightening cream has these reflective particles that create a glow. Your own skin hasn't changed a bit. It just is wearing these particles (mica, metallic agents) like makeup.

This is why speed is not the point when lightening. Steadiness, sun protection & patience are the not-so-secret 'secrets'. Don't be fooled!

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Patience is a virtue, goes for everything. Also, the creams that claim to lighten/bleach in a week actually seem to work when its on your skin but once you wash it off the effect is gone, I have noticed this the hydroquinone 5% cream whenever I would have it on, it would appear that Im very fair and flawless, but the real results come later on. For people who are looking for rapid/quick lightening, why dont they just use a lighter foundation or dermablend in the meantime.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Rapid/quick lightening with Dermablend will not work, unless they want clothes full of make up or they are going to wear long sleeves with a turtleneck, a pair of gloves, and closed-in shoes.

I used this cream, years ago, that lightened my bottom in less than a week. It was called 'secret cream' w/ 'secret' vegetables. This was before I knew any better. Someone mentioned it to me. Let me tell you, my $%^& was on FIRE! Anything that touched there felt like a torch, even undergarments! It also went blacker than ever.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoGreen,

Welcome to the forum. I see you're new here. As for my sources, they've been cited in other threads with direct links to the original research (found in peer reviewed journals on Google Scholar). I also have included direct links to HQ safety info (for handling raw HQ for compounders making their own creams) as well as direct links to research de-bunking the HQ cancer scare. I do not recall exactly which threads they are in, but if I come across them, I'll pm you the link. I hope that helps.

LightenNLift, some people are good at the foundation/dermablend trick. Others lighten their faces with it BUT omit their neck, forearms & decollete & look like they're wearing a mask! It takes a deft hand & a good eye to pull off but it is definitely something to try...I just leave my entire face un-made-up except for tinted lipgloss when I go out. For going out, I slather on 60 SPF sunblock religiously.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer body mist sun screen 60SPF. It comes in a 141G atomizer can. I LOVE it. I spray it into my palm & spread it on. It is a little shiny for the 1st few seconds, BUT no blue/white glow once it dries. It works ver well too: so far, I haven't lost any lightening ground to the sun this summer. My can sold for only $10 on sale at the pharmacy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer line to me is the best and affordable. And absorbs easily. I buy mine from walmart. I also like the sunblock spf 85 or 70, both are good.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I just purchased the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch spf 55, Im just concerned about the fact that this thing is waterproof, doesnt that mean blocked pores and hard to wash off with a face wash? What kind of face wash would remove waterproof sunscreen, it spells acne.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neutrogena claims that their products are non comedogenic. It washes off easily on my skin with regular soap or, on my face, SpectroJel.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the stuff & they have different formulations for different skin types.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a gel textured thick serum in a pump bottle that you use to wash your face. It doesn't foam up. You select the formulation for your skin type. It cleans thoroughly w/o stripping the acid mantle off of the skin.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Neither, It just cleans. Since I use the highest RA, I don't want to overexfoliate & damage my skin. This stuff is very gentle but effective.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Neither, It just cleans. Since I use the highest RA, I don't want to overexfoliate & damage my skin. This stuff is very gentle but effective.
oh, ok. thanks Odine. The Spectro Skincare site did not list the prices, how much does it cost and can it be orered from their website?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can get it at most pharmacies & dept stores for between $11-14 depending. You get a huge 500ml for your money & it lasts for months.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the beauty supply and pharmacies in my area do not carry sunblock but i live in an all black town...dam like black people dont use sun screen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts