Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to purchase some samples of green cream. As I posted before, I have very oily skin, large(HUGE) pores and I suffer with adult acne from time to time. I have a breakout right now. I also have some dark spots from scarring.

I did some reading on this green cream, and the website says most people can tolerate the 6. So that is what I ordered, then I read some posts on here and most people recommend starting with the 3. I have been using Alpha Hydroxy face wash for at least 2 months, and it has not irritated my skin. I usually can tolerate most products, as my skin is very oily. So I then ordered a sample of the 3. My question is what do you think I should use....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
If you have acclimated your skin to acids by using the face wash, you should be OK with L6. You can always just use it every other day if it burns or causes too much redness or dryness. I have normal skin so I started out with L3. Let us know how you do!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fawnie,

I just received my sample L6 green cream today....what do you recommend as far as how often I should use it. Are there any products that I should or should not use while I am using this cream?? I know about the importance of sunscreen. My skin is so oily, even more so in the summer, It is hard to find a sunscreen that does not contribute and make my face even shinier.

Thanks again

Mom (lol)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom
Great! You're ready to get started then!!
Well I would use a gentler cleanser than the Alpha Hydroy the first week to see how your skin is going to react to the L6 GC. You don't want to overdo it right off and waste time undoing irritation.

You could try it every other night, since it's L6. I started with L3 and used it every night without any problem. But my skin is normal.

Sunscreen is important, you are so right! Until you get acclimated to GC, your skin is very susceptible to damage. You may find that it isn't as oily any more after using GC a while. LRP makes an SPF40 GEL with Mexoryl (stabilizes the sunscreening ingredients) that might be good for you while you are still oily.

I never used a night cream at night with GC - it has silicones in it to make it easy to spread and I found that was moisture enough. In the daytime you might use a C serum and sunscreen only while you are still oily. As your skin changes you might have to adjust your products accordingly. LRP makes nice moisturizers too, or any non-irritating one will do.

Kinerase Cream Lotion Strivectin Anthelios Prevage Ombrelle
Periwinkle buys from this site with no problems.

Let us know what works so others can learn too! We are all in it together!!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts