1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Fawnie have you tried her products? They seem buffered but her logic seems very good and her knowledge seems good. I just am not sure why she would choose to buffer, though given it is safer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fawnie, do you think the TCA Latte would be a good peel to start with for a scaredy cat like me? I don't want to burn my face I just couldn't take that. Redness and peeling ok.

The only facial issues I have are fine lines and wrinkles. I am finding that even those are going away with the Vit C serum, Baby Q and other stuff I have learned to use off this site. The only problem I would like to take care of are those pesky lines around my lips and a few light lines on my neck. Otherwise I am fairly happy with my skin.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I tried the TCA Latte and it didn't do a thing for me, I hardly felt a sting, NO peel whatsoever, for me it was like using a super mild glycolic lotion. I got zero from it but my skin is very use to GA and TCA peels.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've gotten products from her. I have not used the TCA Lattee on my face yet, so I can't say if it would make me peel. The RA sure is!!!!! I used the Lattee on my arms for a few days and nothing. They are hard to make peel! 30% layered on my forearms and they only flaked.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Face Lifting Serum
$60.00

Perfect Complexion Face Lifting Serum

I got a 2 oz bottle of that for less than $60 when she first revamped her concoction and I love it! I absolutely LOVE how my face looks and feels after I use that stuff at night and wash my face in the morning! Wow!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The TCA Latte didn't do anything for me either. Even before i started Retin-A and my skin was not accustomed to acids, it didn't do diddly.

Emily I wouldn't go for the Latte personally if you are already using RA. Maybe one of the higher % peels. I have tried everything as well for the ULL and it looks like higher % TCA peels might be the silver bullet there, but I'm still working on it.

Lexi, I don't know the science behind buffering/not buffering acid peels. The only products I have tried are the Latte (very very mild) and the Lifting Serum. Just throwing it out there for comments if anyone else has used her products.....

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I think her peels are very good probably but very safely buffered. TCA is self-limiting, the trick as I have been told by many plastic surgeons who I am friends with, one even offered to show me on my own arm, is to actually get frosting EVENLY. If you do not evenly frost and Level II or III frost you do not get more than a superficial peel. The majority of medical professionals suggest pre-treatment with strong glycolics and ahas and then a jessner peel layered under a tca layered once or twice and left on until a good Level II frosting is reached, III for thicker areas. I am new at this and it is not my forte and I screwed my arms up. I say this because I panicked having done a full arm at a time and seen some white frosting that was BURNING and thinking of those women who are disfigured from acid thrown at them. In reality I needed to and will in the future draw lines and treat one smaller area at a time up and down the entire length of the desired treated area and should leave on the frost for 4-8 minutes (it shuts itself anyway) and reapply where little or no frosting occurs to achieve frosting. My hands, which I did 3 layers of 30% look very good and I lost a lot of years, crepe-skin, discolouration and it is not even close to done peeling. They are pink, I am a peeler so I have to discourage myself, and there seem to be layers still coming off after I thought I was done. Arms the verdict is out but some areas are deep purple (deeply peeled) and others look barely touched (will need a touch up). I think I can get this eventually once I do not panic over the pain. I was shocked how much I felt like I was "on fire".

·
Registered
881 Posts
helllo =) i want to try a peel at home. i have acne scares, uneven texture, find lines and freckles! can they be used on skin with acne? could you recommend a peel for a first timer? i see someone said the latte peel was very mild and didnt work for alot of you women who use peels frequently.looking on perfect complexion.com.. maybe someone could recommend me a product from there
i havent use special prescription topicals like RA or w/e else there is for acne. what my skin is use to is bha/aha/clay mask an tone correcting serum that has vita c and retinol that iv ben using for 4 nights now and i have no signs or irritation, my skin looks pretty glowy actually.

some guidance pls?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bringing up this older thread, as I just started using some of these products. I got the miracle peel and the green peel. The only one I have used so far is the miracle peel, which is supposed to be like a vitalize peel. The stuff is strong and I am a regular retin A user. After the flaking is done with this, I am going to try the green peel, which I am hoping will give a more true peel instead of just flaking. I like the products from this place so far!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I bought the TCA Latte peel - you can use it at night - and I used it every night for about 4 days - it did nothing for me and the product separated after a couple of weeks and I had to throw it out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought the TCA Latte peel - you can use it at night - and I used it every night for about 4 days - it did nothing for me and the product separated after a couple of weeks and I had to throw it out.
Yeah, I think some of the products are very gentle, and have to be used with a stronger peel to get results. The only thing that bothers me so far about the products is there is not a "routine" you can follow. It is really trial and error to see what combination of products works, that and not a lot of people use these products, so there isn't anyone to really help!

·
Registered
485 Posts
From Perfectcomplexion.net:
(i've posted this elsewhere and thought I'd post it here too)

A PERFECT TCA PEEL requires the user to use the LEAST STRENGTH needed to abrade the stratum corneum layer. This is a percentage over 10% and under 20. TCA over this strength will cause the skin to frost or turn white (similar to an light broiler burn).

TCA Complex has a proven theory of abrading just enough of the stratum corneum to cause the skin to send valuable protein to the surface. When you FROST the skin too deeply, your body goes into WOUND REPAIR MODE where it creates antibodies, scar tissue, melanin and other secretions which MAY easily cause the skin to age faster! Melanin is produced when you tan, and when you are wounded and when you have surges of progesterone ( hormonal hyper pigmentation). When you go too deep into the epidermis or subcutis layers by using high doses of a caustic chemical, your skin produces HEALING PROTEIN to bandage the chemical peel. This is NOT the correct way to do a peel.

In fact, this method of resurfacing using strong acid or industrial grade chemicals suddenly becomes the reason for rapid aging rapid aging! Perfect Complexion TCA complex is 12.5% with a buffer and a booster. This is a very strong peel if you have ever purchased TCA anywhere else. My compounding starts from pure TCA white crystal. You can swipe it or layer it to your desired depth. Your desired peel.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Fawnie have you tried her products? They seem buffered but her logic seems very good and her knowledge seems good. I just am not sure why she would choose to buffer, though given it is safer.
That is why!!! it's buffered so now I know why the peel the first time didn't seem strong enough for my skin!! darn buffered!!! lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
I just did a spot treatment with the TCA Peel Solution which is stronger than the 12.5% TCA Complex I used. It stung and frosted!! and it felt good!! lol weird but I tried it on a single breakout on the side of my chin and that one pimple was bothering me so bad, it was a whitehead but it was one that did not come up all the way to the surface so you can't pop it and it was irritating, you know? have you ever had a breakout that was kind of soar to the touch but you kept touching it anyway? lol and looking at the white head in the mirror so I put the deeper peel on it with a Q tip and it was stinging and I was glad it stung! and I didn't wash it off with any water either!! that's how mad I was at the stupid irritating whitehead. lol

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
right the area turns dark, then gets crinkly, eventually peels away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts