Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is already a ton of information on TCA peels on the board, so I apologize for being redundant. The only problem with this forum is you can't do a search for "TCA" because the lettering is too short. I think it needs to be 4 letters or something.

Anyway, I have started on my HQ 4% and Retin-A .025% regiment to get rid of some discoloration and smooth out some acne scarring I have. Nothing too extreme, but in certain angles & lighting you can see some uneveness to my skin texture. So I was considering doing a 15% TCA peel to smooth out my skin, but I thought I saw something on the board about people having scarring or bad reactions from the TCA peel.

When I contact the people from MakeupArtistChoice, they said to stop with the retin-A and HQ for a week prior to the peel (which would suck), but I have seen people on here saying that they did it prior to the peel to help with the process....??

Just to give some background, I am black, so there may be more risks regarding hyperpigmentation...?

Thanks for any help or light you can shed on this! And if you have had any adverse reactions, could you please share your experience?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
TCA peel is not really great for evening out skin tone, LACTIC acid is the best for pigmentation issues anywhere from 40 to 85 percent should give you an even smooth glowing skin after the first peel alone. TCA is a medium depth used for exfoliation and undoing sun damage after a series of them. Give the Lactic a try, it moisturizes in the process too, not leaving you with dry, chalky skin. Also, the TCA exfoliates, u already have exfoliated skin from the RA so you dont want to overexfoliate b/c that leads to more hyperpigmentation and dryness.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LNL
Some of the uneven skin tone is attributed to some slight indentations in my skin from acne, would the lactic acid help with that as well?

Oops, I just realized this is probably more of an acne board question!! lol I just feel so at home in the lightening forum I forgot

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
absolutely, also be sure to never get off Retin-A, keep using it for as long as u can, i would even suggest a lifetime, b/c when i was a teen and I used it for acne, the acne left slight indentation and I noticed that with nightly regular use of my RA 0.1%, even the scars/indentations were gone over a course of 3 months, no joke. If you are going to do the Lactic peel, stop using RA a week before u do it and resume RA use a week after u perform the peel.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good! Thanks so much!!

I'm just wondering if it will be strong enough to get rid of some of the superficial indentations on my face from acne scarring..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts