Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP I've just been informed that i have started the early menapause.And of recent i have noticed my skin being dry and then within a day its really oily.and i've had a few rogue spots around my jaw line/neck which is really annoying ,as yet i havent changed my daily skin routine but i think its about time something was done before its to late! HELP

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Hi Cyndi- I don't know if you are a reader or not, but if you are, Suzanne Somers books, The Sexy Years, and Ageless Life are great great books. I learned some great info in reading those.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Hi Cyndi- I don't know if you are a reader or not, but if you are, Suzanne Somers books, The Sexy Years, and Ageless Life are great great books. I learned some great info in reading those.
My first thought was Suzanne Sommers as well. She seems to be really up to date on things such as bio-identical hormone replacement. Not the ditzy blonde we once thought she was on 3's company.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
My first thought was Suzanne Sommers as well. She seems to be really up to date on things such as bio-identical hormone replacement. Not the ditzy blonde we once thought she was on 3's company.
Funny you should mention that!! I actually couldn't stand her on 3's company. When a friend of mine mentioned her books to me, I thought oh ya right, what could this lady possible have to say that will make sense. But low and behold......she taught me a TON!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A lot of women experience skin changes approaching or during menopause. Adult acne can recur and suddenly stop. Use an acne product if it occuring often otherwise a strong alcohol based toner on the spots. you may have to slowly change your moisturizer to adjust to your skin's needs. Take note how your skin is changing and treat those areas. If you're not using an AHA or glycolic product you may want to try to address age and any other troublesome spots. Pay special attention to your eye area, using a cream or serum if you need to change from what you are now using.

Many women find taking Primrose Oil capsules helpful during this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are some natural remedies that help with menopausal symptoms. I do not know how well they work on the skin. In general women who tend to eat more soy experience less menopausal discomfort. And so there are some natural products out there, some of which seem to help. Also, I hear that there is a new product coming out that is based on soy and research suggest that it helps with all kinds of symptoms. The information on that will be out in a month or so. One site where you will be able to read about it is menopausalsolution.webs.com

Hopefully they will have info regarding skin changes as well. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for being so helpful, I'm determained to do this the natural way and yes my doc is behind me 100%,I will order suzy summers books as soon as I'm back in town and will follow up on those wed sites.It cheers me up to know theres help out there. X X

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Great, cyndi!
That's half the battle: finding a Dr who will support your choices! Please let us know here how it goes with you so that others in your situation can learn from it too.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Great, cyndi!
That's half the battle: finding a Dr who will support your choices! Please let us know here how it goes with you so that others in your situation can learn from it too.
Isn't that the truth! Finding the Dr who supports your choices, is half the battle. And those Dr are very hard to come by. I have started my search, and haven't had much luck. Well.......that is without a 3 hour drive to get there!

·
Registered
19 Posts
try maca..
you can get it from a health food store in capsule form
it is a life saver for vaginal dryness, skin,sleepless,tired,and many other symptoms and it is from a root from peru...very very good...or you can order it online which is cheaper....i use the soloray brand.....
i also buy the over the counter menopausal pills with herbs which helps with sleep etc...
both of those are working wonderfully for me...and i thought i was going nuts with so many changes.

HELP I've just been informed that i have started the early menapause.And of recent i have noticed my skin being dry and then within a day its really oily.and i've had a few rogue spots around my jaw line/neck which is really annoying ,as yet i havent changed my daily skin routine but i think its about time something was done before its to late! HELP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts