Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read most of posts here and on few other forums, I am hesitating between Xtend Life and SkinActives' cremes. I need a good anti-aging moisturizer (I've dry-normal skin that tends to get dehydrated).

While many people here rave about Xtend Life, I read in another forum that although it is lovely it doesn't have much anti-aging benefit. Would you agree?

Has anyone tried out SkinActives' anti-aging creme? It seem to have similiar ingredients to Xtend Life.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Having read most of posts here and on few other forums, I am hesitating between Xtend Life and SkinActives' cremes. I need a good anti-aging moisturizer (I've dry-normal skin that tends to get dehydrated).

While many people here rave about Xtend Life, I read in another forum that although it is lovely it doesn't have much anti-aging benefit. Would you agree?

Has anyone tried out SkinActives' anti-aging creme? It seem to have similiar ingredients to Xtend Life.
Hello,

I use Skin Actives Anti-Aging cream with Resveratrol & their base cream. I love it. My skin is normal to dry combination...dry in winter, normal/oily in summer. I haven't used Xtend Life so I can comment on it's ingredients or how it works. I have read others experience and they seem to like the moisturizer.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I use Skinactives anti aging cream and love it. I have normal/combo skin I guess you could say and it works great for my skin. I use or have used just about every cream from Skinactives and have to say, they all work very well.
If you have dry skin, you might need a richer cream than the anti aging. The anti aging might be fine for daytime use, but for night time use you could look at either the canvas base cream or the mitochondrial booster.

I haven't used Xtendlife, so I can't comment on it. I am happy with what I currently use, so I see no reason to change.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I use the canvas base cream after the anti aging as needed when my skin is dry. I also add either vit E or jojoba oil to the canvas base cream for added moisture.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i'm using Xtend life. its good moisturizer but so is Castor/olive oil mix
Its more than a month now i'm using both their day n night cream and as for sagging skin or fine lines it has done nothing so far for me. I'm still trying to be patient n persistant. If i see no improvement once i finish both tubes i'll swtich to something else

·
Registered
419 Posts
I won't switch to Xtendlife cause Skinactives is working for me. Gymrat is right...if you're happy with what your using....no reason to change/switch. It's not just moisturizing but toning and brightening my skin as well. I really do like the Skinactive products.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I use the canvas base cream after the anti aging as needed when my skin is dry. I also add either vit E or jojoba oil to the canvas base cream for added moisture.
That is a great idea!! So you just layer the two? I have mixed a little of each and applied it that way. I will try layering it. That would make for a great PM moisturizer-

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was looking at the skinactives products. So you mix them on your own? Well I see that you can buy some already mixed. But I was looking for an eye creme, and always heard that it should have cafiene in it to take away puffyness. I noticed the skinactives coffe oil, do you just mix that in with the face creme or something. I am currently using the xtendlife, its only been about a week I think. Although it is a good moisturizer, I like the way it feels on my skin and it leaves it soooo soft. But I want some anti-aging benefits as well, dont really see any difference yet, or in the eye area, dark circles, puffiness. If I was to try out the skinactives what would some of you suggest?

anti-aging creme
Canvas creme

Something for the eyes

Anything else??

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have not used Skinactives but the logical explanation that Xtendlife offers on its anti-aging ingredients coupled with the immediate benefits it promises is keeping me with Xtendlife for now. I have not seen major firming but I have seen firming and it has only just been a couple of months. I have also seen major evening of the tone of my skin and my skin is silky-youthfully, soft.

I am not an ingredients junkie but would be curious to see the ingredients comparisons between the two products.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have not used Skinactives but the logical explanation that Xtendlife offers on its anti-aging ingredients coupled with the immediate benefits it promises is keeping me with Xtendlife for now. I have not seen major firming but I have seen firming and it has only just been a couple of months. I have also seen major evening of the tone of my skin and my skin is silky-youthfully, soft.

I am not an ingredients junkie but would be curious to see the ingredients comparisons between the two products.
Refresh my memory please? Did you say you bought the eye and body lotion?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was looking at the skinactives products. So you mix them on your own? Well I see that you can buy some already mixed. But I was looking for an eye creme, and always heard that it should have cafiene in it to take away puffyness. I noticed the skinactives coffe oil, do you just mix that in with the face creme or something. I am currently using the xtendlife, its only been about a week I think. Although it is a good moisturizer, I like the way it feels on my skin and it leaves it soooo soft. But I want some anti-aging benefits as well, dont really see any difference yet, or in the eye area, dark circles, puffiness. If I was to try out the skinactives what would some of you suggest?

anti-aging creme
Canvas creme

Something for the eyes

Anything else??
I buy the ready made products from Skinactives. The Canvas Base is a very rich moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and oils (jojoba/sweet almond, & avocado oils). I also use Skin Actives' Anti-Aging Cream with Resveratrol & the Coffee Fruit Cream... very good at firming and brightening. Bright-I eye cream has caffeine & sea kelp that helps de-puff the eye area. Doesn't work on dark circles though. I would suggest using one product to see if it works for you before purchasing others.
What works for one doesn't necessarily work for all...and you want to make sure you don't suffer any adverse reaction from them.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Refresh my memory please? Did you say you bought the eye and body lotion?
Yes, I use the eye and body lotion for all puposes. I do add a bit of donnel 20 (20% aha) over it now to exfoliate but this has been especially important for me post TCA peel as peeling takes a lot longer than people know to actually complete. I will also add other oils, natural, like jojoba, coconut, sweet almond etc to add some sheen if I am going out somewhere special.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tryed a few things before trying xtendlife, and they all broke me out badly, like an allergic reaction! Afterwards I was afraid to try xtendlife, but it hasnt caused any adverse reactions for me. Just thought I would let you know. But everyone is different.

I am gonna finish my bottles before I try skinactives, because so far, I do like xtendlife products, and it hasnt been that long since I started using them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My skin reacts immediately to just about anything. This lotion is wonderful.
(((((xtend-life lotion))))) The vitamins? I don't know. So much stuff in them, cannot get myself to take 7, and if taken later in the day I am up all night?? But the eye lotion and body lotion is great. I have noticed my neck just a bit more hydrated ... less crepey. I don't like crepey. I will see how it reacts when I begin my tca peels.
Trying to find a couple of weeks where there isn't somewhere to go: dinner party, family thing, etc., where I want to answer the questions about my shiny red face. lol!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts