Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good anti aging line that won't break the bank?
I'm leaning toward Boots No. 7 or Elizabeth Arden. Dr. Wexlers line (Body and Bath works) is great but really pricey. Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like Derm 24 and 36 from rite aid. I am not usually a drugstore person for skin care but this line has an okay choice of products for anti-aging that I have had some results from. they also have a cream w/SPF 50 in it, a glycolic acid product and a peptide cream. Oh! and a retinol serum that is really good. another line would be the ROC line but my skin has responded better to the Derma line.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been using Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Day Lotion and I really like it. It's light and absorbs well, not greasy. But it has no sunscreen (I use sunscreen over it).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since my daughter started working in a skin care beauty bussines I discovered the best anti aging products without having t worry how much it cost Since i cannot write down the name of the website of my daughter because it is in url form send me a message and i will send you her website so u can look at the products

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would say facial oils. I have replaced my moisturisers by facial oils and although my skin is oily, I find oil actually leaves my skin less greasy than most face creams and moisturise well too. There are so many oils out there to match our skin type.

HTH

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm leaning toward Boots No. 7 or Elizabeth Arden. Dr. Wexlers line (Body and Bath works) is great but really pricey. Thanks
There is no one particular line that I am committed to but rather different products from various skin care lines. I believe that reviews of people that have actually used a particular product will lure me to try it...at least once

Then if it does what it says for me, i'll stick to it until it doesn't work for me.
I use some products from the SKINN line (moisturizer, orchid gel, lip cream)and PHILOSOPHY (sensitive skin moisturizer I use in winter) I BELIEVE eye cream, and the Vitamin C from Cellular RX (love, love, love this product). Murad Eye Cream works for me...but have been lured into trying Cellular RX's Intensive Eye cream which is on it's way as we speak.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Grammy,

No7 protect & perfect beauty serum has received lots of good reviews from its users. It helps getting rid of fine lines and promoting a clearer, healthier complexion. Try a google search for more info. If you are looking for something not pricey, I would higly recommend skin wisdom from Tesco. It is an affordable line from tesco which delivers good results. I am always on the look-out for products that both works and are affordable and I am quite pleased with this brand as it is not expensive and works better than most high end products.

HTH

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for mentioning the Boots brand. I was completely unfamiliar with their existance before you mentioned them.

For an anti aging moisturizer, I'd suggest the Neo Strata with the 10% glycolic acid. I use the RA/HQ combo & olive oil for moisture. So far, no wrinkles, no 'fine lines' or any other aging issues.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I loved Boots7 Intense Protect & Perfect. It has a satiny consistency to it and also a little shimmer. I quit using it because the only place you can buy it is Target and they never have it in stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi iam in my tweenties currently using boots no 7 the whole range for face and body even though i don't have any lines but i find the product very safe as my skin is sensetive and it makes my skin very smooth but iam always looking for something stronger to give that extra lift iam considering buying prototype 37-c any one used it what do think of it

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for mentioning the Boots brand. I was completely unfamiliar with their existance before you mentioned them.

For an anti aging moisturizer, I'd suggest the Neo Strata with the 10% glycolic acid. I use the RA/HQ combo & olive oil for moisture. So far, no wrinkles, no 'fine lines' or any other aging issues.
I came across this site skinwest. com/ and it seem to have good prices of what Ondine suggested for an anti moisturizer (Neo Strata ). Is skinwest .com a known website? And Ondine is this where you buy Neo Strata or do you have a better source?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I loved Boots7 Intense Protect & Perfect. It has a satiny consistency to it and also a little shimmer. I quit using it because the only place you can buy it is Target and they never have it in stock.
I live in the UK if you want me to post you some Protect & Perfect just let me know, will need to charge postage but if we remove the packaging it should make it a bit lighter - I know what it is like to want something but can't get it! I have had to buy Green Cream from EBay

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been trying a few different lines in general. I like the ViDerm line in general by Dr. Kalil, but I started to try this eye serum from elite serums. I am not sure how well it works, but seen some good reviews on it and the price was not too bad.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I find Boots 'Time Delay' Anti-Aging Wrinkle Reduce Day Moisturiser SPF15 excellent. They also do a Night Serum.

When all the publicity broke about 'Protect & Perfect' in the UK and I spoke to a Boots manager, he told me that the contents of 'Time Delay' and 'Protect & Perfect' are very similar.

It's just that the television programme makers in the UK had investigated 'Protect & Perfect'. When they praised it, there was a virtual stampede in the UK. But he recommended 'Time Delay'.

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
550 Posts
I would say facial oils. I have replaced my moisturisers by facial oils and although my skin is oily, I find oil actually leaves my skin less greasy than most face creams and moisturise well too. There are so many oils out there to match our skin type.

HTH
I agree with pumi. Serums made from essential oils.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts