Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had someone tried xtend-life natural anti-aging cream...iam 28 was looking for some gud natural anti-aging product. for the first time....and came across this web site it looks promising and website has lot of info about its product....want reviews ..pls help

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like to use E Burnham either retinol day cream or their night cream. It makes my skin feel so much more dewy and youthful. Check out their website for a list of their products. Only prob is that they are not sold in stores

·
Registered
12 Posts
I donâ€2122t think you should start off with an anti-aging product so early in life. Moreover I have used the one from Olay and found it good.

Organic Cosmetics

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I donâ€2122t think you should start off with an anti-aging product so early in life. Moreover I have used the one from Olay and found it good.

Organic Cosmetics
I have been using anti aging products since 25. I am 40 now, wish I would of started sooner. The sooner the better!! There is not a magic age to starting to prevent the signs of aging. Just start when you feel it is time!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I started using a good eye cream as soon as I graduated from college. Here I am now "decades later" with no crows feet or wrinkles around my eyes, but lines in a few other places. I wish now that I had treated my entire face back then. Of course, I am attacking these problem areas and winning, but the battle is slow and weary at times.

So - don't delay with your anti-aging efforts. 28 is not too early to start.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The only thing i would add to the advice already given is that you are not in a basic skin care routine at the moment, just be careful what you put on your face to start with at least, I never realised personally how sensative my skin is to some products with certain chemicals in them! So just be careful what you use and dont introuduct too many products at the same time! I just put one new product on my face at a time now, after doing a test patch to avoid any reactions i might have to these products!

However though carrier oils are really good natural anti aging products for the face you could use! Shea butter and virgin coconut oils are also good! Vit e serums and antioxidents are also good to use at your age! Iv also heard good thing at the Mary Kay skin care products!

You could use the home made vit c serum we have here on the site too at 28 and then think about moving on retinol when you get to 30! Hope you find something that works for you though, good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try to purchase a cream targeted for your age group (first signs of lines and wrinkles), a strong retinol cream will do you more harm than good as retinol can thin the skin, and you could suffer more sun damage. a good spf (no less than 30) should ensure against sun damage, and will benefit you more than a retinol cream.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Try to purchase a cream targeted for your age group (first signs of lines and wrinkles), a strong retinol cream will do you more harm than good as retinol can thin the skin, and you could suffer more sun damage. a good spf (no less than 30) should ensure against sun damage, and will benefit you more than a retinol cream.
Yes a good sunscreen is your best defense against photo-aging/uv damage.
Actually, sun avoidance is but that is not always possible.
A retinol cream/gel (retin-a/tretinoin being best by far) will do you harm if not used properly. If used properly, it is the second best product you can use for your skin. Backed by much research.

Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments

Search around as it is discussed quite often here. Many of us swear by it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I started using a good eye cream as soon as I graduated from college. Here I am now "decades later" with no crows feet or wrinkles around my eyes, but lines in a few other places. I wish now that I had treated my entire face back then. Of course, I am attacking these problem areas and winning, but the battle is slow and weary at times.

So - don't delay with your anti-aging efforts. 28 is not too early to start.
You are certainly right. It's never too early to start using anti aging creams and start daily moisturization. Like some of the best dermatologists say "an inch of prevention is better than a mile of correction."

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You are certainly right. It's never too early to start using anti aging creams and start daily moisturization. Like some of the best dermatologists say "an inch of prevention is better than a mile of correction."
Thanks for the quote.......I am using it for my signature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks so much for ur posts.i have dark circles , fine lines under my eyes....and on my neck..which none of my friends of my age have...i think 2 kids , 2 c-sec,not taking proper care of my self..took toll on me...if someone could advise me on any product which has worked for them will be appreciated, their r so many products on web with mixed reviews im so confused.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
thanks so much for ur posts.i have dark circles , fine lines under my eyes....and on my neck..which none of my friends of my age have...i think 2 kids , 2 c-sec,not taking proper care of my self..took toll on me...if someone could advise me on any product which has worked for them will be appreciated, their r so many products on web with mixed reviews im so confused.
Shabs
A product? Viterol-A for Eyes and Mouth Corners is a nice cream
DS Laboratories Viterol.A - Eyes and Corners of Mouth at DermStore
but dark circles could be a sign of so many other things: allergies, lack of sleep (2 kids!!), protein or iron deficiency, dehydration....As you say, taking better care of yourself now is a big factor!!

Green Cream is a good retinol product that's gentle. That and the vitamin C serum and sunscreen should take you far!!!
Green Cream Skin Care - Buy Green Cream at DermStore

Hope this might help a little

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Personally i would of not cosidered using a strong retinol at 28, but hey i suppose though it depends on your skin type etc, i never had beginnings of fine lines round the eye till i got to 30 and now im able to control these nicely using vit c and the GC!

You could always though on the Green cream see what kevin says about using GC.

Also Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage and Smart Skin Care - Intelligent Rejuvenation Through Science are all good websites for product reviews and starting a retinol product in your 30s etc!

Good luck though with whatever you decide to use!

·
Registered
2 Posts
In addition to all the great advice posted above, I would just like to add that you should include certain foods in your daily diet as these types of foods have a very positive effect on the skin and aging.

Eating food that contains antioxidants prevents the long-term effects of aging. Antioxidants can be found in cinnamon, cloves, and pomegranates. Pomegranates specifically contain punicalagins, which prevent collagenases, an enzyme that destroys collagen.

Try to include wild salmon and other omega-3 cold water fish such as sardines, halibut, sablefish and trout in your daily diet as well.

If you smoke, you may want to quit as smoking is one of the leading causes of skin aging.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts