Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's got smooth dark splotches around his mouth, his lips are chapped and he also has some dark spolothes on his arm.

He's 14.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
How long has it been like that?

Did he or does he have acne at all? Around the mouth it looks like scarring. Maybe a little hyperpigmentation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long has it been like that?

Did he or does he have acne at all? Around the mouth it looks like scarring. Maybe a little hyperpigmentation.
The splotches appeared in the last couple days. He has some acne near his nose and a small amount on his chin.

He's been using stridex pads at the moment.

He also ate three limes a couple days ago.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
The splotches appeared in the last couple days. He has some acne near his nose and a small amount on his chin.

He's been using stridex pads at the moment.

He also ate three limes a couple days ago.
LOL, three limes??? That makes me pucker just thinking about it. That will burn your chapped lips right off of your face!!

Hmmmm I don't know if the limes have anything to do with it, unless this showed up after eating them.

The stridex pads contain salicylic acid which would cause dryness, but should not cause discoloration. Unless, it is acne that is drying up, or he is using it where his lips have been chapped. It can sometimes leave a little discoloration, but over time it should fade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has also started cross country and spends a bit more time outside than before.
But he already has a tanned skin color and I don't think I've ever seem him have a sun burn. He's white/filipino.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Cross country
great sport. I LOVE to run.

If he is spending time outside, make sure he is wearing sunscreen on his face. Epecially when using the stridex pads. They will cause him to exfoliate a little, and you don't want the new skin to get any kind of color. This will definately cause hyperpigmentation.

I started both of my boys using a good sunscreen when they started the 8th grade. I am glad I did now, they are 17 (18 next weekend) and 21. Putting sunscreen on now has just become a daily habit for them. And a good habit to get into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts