Skin Care Talk banner
2221 - 2240 of 2247 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
@pale2white For spot treatment, use depiwhite which has 2% HQ and 2% KA. You can get rid of dark spots using glycolic acid peels for the whole face since the dark spots are deeply embedded in your skin. As i said, try using glycovira GA 12% cream in the nights for like 1 month and tell me if you can see any difference in it. For sunscreen for oily skin, use Suncote SPF30 by curatio. It's the best for oily skin. My derm used to prescribe it for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok thanks dude... And i have used suncote but trust me it was too oily for me. It gets absorb wonderfully but after 15 minut my face gets to oily. May be i am too much oily. And i saw your pics and i must say you really have a old and stubborn tan. My tan is not that deep. I can say your chest color is my hand color with tan. When i had bad tan on my face i used only ra .025% for one month. And next month jumped to ra 0.1% and i must say ra .1% is really effective. This is the only thing that took off my tan. At that time my face was like 7 shades darker then my body. I know how bad it feels...

·
Registered
53 Posts
@pale2white OK, then try Lotus 3-in-1 matte look daily sunblock SPF 40. It's also one of the best sunblocks for oily skin.Many oily skin people use this one. Try this one and give your input. Regarding my tan, yea it's old and stubborn. Did you say that by just seeing? Is there a way to determine the severity of tan? I myself wanna increase my strength and try a stronger peel like 15% TCA peel but I've haven't done a TCA peel. I need your opinion as well as others opinion on this peel. I will do RA but will see how the peels can bring a change in the shade ;)

Can you tell me how did you tell it's old and stubborn ?

Cheers
DP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re:

Do you mean that if we use RA 0.025% for a month and RA 0.1% for the next month the perma tan from the face goes away?
Post that do we need to apply anything else to maintain?

@pale2white OK, then try Lotus 3-in-1 matte look daily sunblock SPF 40. It's also one of the best sunblocks for oily skin.Many oily skin people use this one. Try this one and give your input. Regarding my tan, yea it's old and stubborn. Did you say that by just seeing? Is there a way to determine the severity of tan? I myself wanna increase my strength and try a stronger peel like 15% TCA peel but I've haven't done a TCA peel. I need your opinion as well as others opinion on this peel. I will do RA but will see how the peels can bring a change in the shade ;)

Can you tell me how did you tell it's old and stubborn ?

Cheers
DP

·
Registered
53 Posts
@swasun99 No , you should not jump gradually from 0.025% strength to 0.1%. It's too much high strength. If you have permatan, exfoliation is the only way to remove those stubborn tan. You can try RA but start from 0.025 and move to 0.05 and so on to the highest strength and that is 0.1% RA. Also other exfoliants like AHA and BHA will also help you. Use BHA only if you have acne or use AHA like Lactic acid lotion and glycolic acid lotions. If lotions are not strong, go for LA/GA peels and ultimately TCA peel. Also, don't forget to practice SAP (Sun avoidance and protection) while you're exfoliating

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well i don't know if there any way to determine severity of tan but after seeing your pics and the skin tone difference between chest and face it seems like its to deep plus your chest looking much brighter while your face is looking little dull its because of sun damage. You have layers of tan which will go very slowly by solid exfoliation. I have gone through this face so i know it will take time. And i have never taken any peel so can't say anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@swasun99 hi there.. I have acne vulgaris. 4 years ago i had very bad breakout and doctor gave me ra .025% and i used it for one year.skin cleared and i stopped it.now i again used it for tan removal but it didn't gave mw that kind of result that i got 4 years ago. It did not exfoliated my skin that much so i thought i should try ra.1%. And it really helped. I could see the peeling just applying it one time. I used it twice a week with a lot of moisturisers and sunscreen. Its very irritating too. But my skin adjusted with it in 15 days. Everyone has different skin so cant say it will work for everyone..

·
Registered
53 Posts
@pale2white I searched all over the net to determine the severity of permatan but didn't get any source. Thanks for the feedback, yeah I need to like solid exfoliation for a year and see the results. Damn now i regret playing for my school basketball so many times is the noon sun in Chennai summers (40 C). I'm gonna try GA 40% as my primary exfoliating agent as LA won't help me that much, i need an aggressive one. I thought of TCA but will do once if i get used to GA. Have you tried ordering from this dealer, Rejsol http://rejsol.com/ . I've ordered GA30%+LA40% from this dealer and till now i think it's okay. Have u ordered from this guy ?

Also reach 20 posts and we can pm ;) . We can Do our de-tanning journey together :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Dark&Proud i never ordered anything online so i have no idea about it. And i am also waiting to reach 20 posts so that we can pm. I got typhoid... But now i am fine but high fever made my acne scars and marks look so much red it was like i will bleed. Now the redness has totally gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Dark&Proud I have posted this pic it was taken when i had 102.7 fever and my cheeks were red. Now redness has gone but still confused why this thing happened.... Is this a sign that my pigmentation is hard to go? Or my skin is extra sensitive? Posting my zoom pic without redness. My Scars look much in very very close pics otherwise it doesn't bother me much. Please guide me guys..

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
@pale2white It's not too noticeable buddy, just light discoloration. I encourage you to start using chemical peels especially glycolic acid chemical peels starting at 20% or 30% every week upto 6 weeks to see any noticeable changes. Be patient, you're discoloration will go. I won't call it scarring since it's not very bad.
Whatever type of skin you have, adding an exfoliation regime is always worth it to bring fresh radiant skin to the uppermost layer

Regards
DP

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes i feel fortunate that i don't have much noticeable deep scars. And what about the redness in my previous pic? Is that normal? Or should i use something so that it won't happen again?

·
Registered
53 Posts
@pale2white Well, since the problem is not severe you can start with natural alterations like reducing eating foods which cause inflammation and take foods which can cool inflammation. Yeah, I think you're skin is oily and acne-prone skin so you need to take care and use products based upon it. So i think you can start from food,

1) reduce consumption of high-gluten foods like bread,cereal,cakes,cookies if you're eating regularly. Just stick to roti and brown rice/white rice (1 cup per day max).
2) Another thing is to reduce un-necessary dairies like cream, too much cheese.Milk is fine since you need calcium but limit to 1-1 1/2 glasses a day.
3) Artificial flavors, too much food preservatives also cause inflammation.
4) Avoid fried foods in your daily diet completely. Once a month eating at KFC is okay but eat only 1 cheat meal a month.
5) Refined sugar should also be avoided and substituted with sugar-free if you want some taste.
6) Avoid alcohol on regular days and once a week is okay.
7) Sweets are rich in sugar so you need to avoid it completely if you eat sweets regularly and also fried items which are found in fast food shops are also to be avoided.

Some good soothing foods for inflammation are fish (omega 3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory) , green veggies like broccoli, sweet potato and ginger. Topically you can apply turmeric. Also ask whoever cooking for you to use virgin olive oil. Try these natural regimes for 12 weeks and if not working we can go on with chemicals ;)

Regards
DP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Question - Im pakistani. Light brown skin. I look really fair in pictures but tan in real life. Do i have a perma tan? Some spots like my inner thighs are beige as well as my underarms. I have jlo skin tone. I was born Flitzpatrick 1 or 2 from ages 1-6 and then Flitzpatrick 3 from 6-12 and now im at my parents skin tone at flitzpatrick 4 like jennifer lopez. In the winter i get to flitzpatrick 3

·
Registered
53 Posts
@pale2white This is what i learned in the choosing the right skincare products. Go for natural/organic products for maintenance after you reached your dream skin (acne free and oil control with even toned) and go for for chemicals when you have a skin condition (in your case it's the acne and un-even tone) to treat particular problems, chemicals are high strength high side effects causing but once you're cured , you should switch to all natural products regime. This is what ill do once i got rid of my permatan for the years to come

Regards
DP

·
Registered
53 Posts
@DanyJamez First sir, know you're country's climate. i think Pakistan is hot like india too in summers. The reason maybe several factors but you said you get fairer in winter is due to less sun naturally occurring in winter, skin sheds itself completely every 28 days so in winter you get to you're identical skin tone but in summer you get tanned due to sun exposure i think. I first recommend you to practice sun avoidance in the time of 10am to 2pm where the rays are the harshest, take a umbrella and wear a sunglass. Use car more often than bike and get a good sunscreen with atleast SPF30 PA+++. Also i need some inputs like your skin type, tell me you're shade difference by referring 'MAC shade' mentioned in the previous posts so i could give you precise advice

Regards
DP

·
Registered
53 Posts
@DanyJamez Same reply as i mentioned. Practice good SAP (Sun-Avoidance and protection) .I dunno how about the cream availability in pakistan but exfoliation will help you get back to your original shade. Glycolic acid is the best for men. Look to buy glycoic acid lotions 12% concentrate and start using it. Once you got used to, you can try glycolic acid peels which are much aggressive every week till you get your shade. You said pale so i assume your natural shade will be 220 buff II ? (just guessing) .This will take time and patience say like 6 months minimum.Anyway golden rule : Practice Sun avoidance during 10 am to 2 pm. You will be doing fine. I need to know your skin type before giving suggestion on the sunscreen

regards
DP

2221 - 2240 of 2247 Posts