Skin Care Talk banner

any indian bengali or pakistani member????

390K views 2K replies 134 participants last post by  Sweetswetha 
#1 ·
whats your daily routain to make yur skin lighter since we should have smliar skin color /tone maybe yuh guys can help!!!!!

See less See more
#32 ·
Hi Rajesh,
You seem so helpful and so knowledgeable that I'm hoping you'll be able to advise me on how to lighten my cuticles? My hands look horrible because of my dark fingers and I can't wear nail polish because the skin around my nails looks so bad! It's worse on some fingers than others, so I'm thinking it's not because of our ethnicity otherwise it would be the same on all fingers.

#6 ·
Rajesh hello.. i am bangali nd i really want to lighten my skin color about 4-5 shades...Have yuh reached yur goal in skinlightening please write down yur experince and the products yuh useed?? post yur pics of yur axxomplishments if possible =] please try helping me.. i am i newbee in skin lightening

#7 ·
For Indian Skin, the first thing I noticed was "nothing" works for the first 6 months. I have tried from Megatoner to Melaglow, but you need hell a lot of patience. And supplements like NAC, ALA, Omega 3 and OPC helps me a lot. I lightened almost 10 shades after 6 months of trial and error. For the fellow members I strongly recommend

1. LACTIC Acid Peels once a week for 2 to 3 months, but use Moisturisers like LOREAL HYDRAFRESH or Aromamagic Almond Lotion
2. then continue with Retian-A alternative nights, you can even try Melacare Forte for two months
3. The above two steps prepare your skin for lightening, then I use KOJIC ACID for Body and Megatoner for face for another 4 months
4. In 6-8 months you will get the goal color, then continue with Vitamin C lotion for face with sunscreen

For me Natural lighteners like Arbutin, Licorice, Mulberry never works. Also chemical Sunscreens like Nutrogena, Olay never works, The only sunscreens work for me is zinc oxide based SHISEIDO and OSMOSIS. If you are a female I recommend SHISEIDO with Hydrafresh, for male OSMOSIS is better.

I tried each and every cream available in Indian market and it cost me almost some lakhs and a year time. Dont waste your money on any stupid products from FABINDIA, NUTROGENA, FAIR & LOVELY, LAKME, VLCC, SHANAZ.

I recommend AROMA MAGIC, H2O, VOTRE and LOREAL. Dont forget your Retin-A, start with 0.25%, I RECOMMEND "A-Ret" gel from Shalaks. Also dont forget your supplements, Don't import any supplement, you will get all the necessary supplements like NAC, ALA, CoQ10, OPC, ASTAXANTHIN and all Vitamins in the nearest medical shop itself. Let me know if you need any help finding them.

#8 ·
Thank yuh soooooo much this info was very helpful!!!!
what was the color of yur skin yuh started off with? cuz i am light brown..not really but i have a yellowiish tone =[ which i hate!!!
Okay so where do i get the lactic acid peel and can i use it all over my body(becuxe i am focusing to lighten my body more than my face)? nd what is the side effect to this lactic peel? i am 18 years old is it okay of i use the lactic acid

#10 ·
I am started with Medium Brown color like Rajinikanth color and ended with yellow like KAMALHASAN color, then I managed to get Pink color like MAMMOOTTY now with Beta carotien.

I tried LA peel from 40% to 60%. Start with 20% then gradually increase based on your skin tolerance. You can mix LA with some hand cream for body.

If you are 18 years old female, I wont recommend using heavy acids on your face, but you can start with supplements now. Get a medical checkup for Vitamin D, Iron, Calcium and Vitmain B12 levels and then regulate your supplements based on that. If you dont like yellow tone avoid Vitamin C lotion and C supplements. Instead of LOREAL HYDRAFRESH moisturizer try LOREAL PEARL PERFECT ROSY FAIRNESS cream. You may consider Beta carotien drinks too.

Megatoner doesnt contains HQ as for as I know, If you need immediate result, then use Megatoner. otherwise 4% HQ is enough with Kojie San soap.

What is SAP?

Sweat is not at all a problem for me as I wont roam much. Avoid chemical sunscreens and you will be alright.

If you guys need any more help, please let me know your current regimen, then I will try to regulate if possible,

#14 ·
I am started with Medium Brown color like Rajinikanth color and ended with yellow like KAMALHASAN color, then I managed to get Pink color like MAMMOOTTY now with Beta carotien.

I tried LA peel from 40% to 60%. Start with 20% then gradually increase based on your skin tolerance. You can mix LA with some hand cream for body.

If you are 18 years old female, I wont recommend using heavy acids on your face, but you can start with supplements now. Get a medical checkup for Vitamin D, Iron, Calcium and Vitmain B12 levels and then regulate your supplements based on that. If you dont like yellow tone avoid Vitamin C lotion and C supplements. Instead of LOREAL HYDRAFRESH moisturizer try LOREAL PEARL PERFECT ROSY FAIRNESS cream. You may consider Beta carotien drinks too.

Megatoner doesnt contains HQ as for as I know, If you need immediate result, then use Megatoner. otherwise 4% HQ is enough with Kojie San soap.

What is SAP?

Sweat is not at all a problem for me as I wont roam much. Avoid chemical sunscreens and you will be alright.

If you guys need any more help, please let me know your current regimen, then I will try to regulate if possible,
Hi Rajesh
you are talking about MEGATONER....can you please send me the link to get it?
thanks in advance

#11 ·
Rajesh ,
Rajini to kamal
thats awesome !!!!

my current regime :

Morning:
Wash with kojic dream white soap.
C20 vitc C
Niaciamide purchased from below link.
http://www.skinbeautysolutions.com/Niacinamide-Vitamin-B3.html

Noon : at work :p

I wash my face with cetaphill clenser
I apply an DIY LA Lotion ( may be 12%)
and apply Nidinola ( 3% HQ in It ) - I apply HQ when indoor

Evening : when out from office at around 5 pm , I wash my face with cetaphill and apply sunscreen

Night :
I repeat the same regime as morning

Please advise!!!
And SAP - Sun Avoidance and protection .

#13 ·
@brownapple, So you are washing your face 4 times a day with facewash/soap. If you continue doing like this, your face will become like Nayanthara in 2 months. Stop washing your face more than 2 times with any cleanser or soap.

And which sunscreen you are using? Dont combine Vitamin C with Vitamin B.

Morning:

Wash with kojic dream white soap.
C20 vitc C, wait for 20-30 minutes then apply
Physical Sunscreen with build-in moisturizer like OSMOSIS

Noon : at work :

Dont do anything. if you want you can reapply sunscreen (only if you are using zinc oxide based)

Evening : when out from office at around 5 pm ,

wash face with plain water, (no cetaphill)
apply sunscreen

Evening (after reaching home)

wash face with cetaphill
Apply Vitamin B/Niacinamide Gel or AHA cream like DIY LA Lotion ( may be 12%) - Use Alternatively not at the same time

Night:

Wash face with plain water (no cetaphill) and
apply Nidinola ( 3% HQ in It ) - then sleep with it.

And Do not jump from 35% to 70%, it may burn you, gradually increase the peel density.

#16 ·
Now I am like Amala Paul tone may be a shade less than her or may be not even toned . Can I lighten 2 - 3 shades ??

Now I ordered the below stuffs they are in the mail , proably i will get it next week . Please build a schedule !!

Carotein serum, gel .
Nadinola
Dr fred Skin lightener .

things that i already have,
Vit C
B3

Why should not we apply both Vitc C and B3 at the same time ??? Does that cancel out each other ??
I usually apply Vitc C wait for 2-3 min then apply B3 and then sunblock and then makeup .

Please direct me ... Thanks for all your help, u r awesome !!

#17 ·
@ mscorpio

I bought it from ebay UK, but out of stock now.

@BrownApple,

Washing your face frequently will remove the natural oils from the skin and dry out which causes wrinkles.

Neutrogena sunscreen wont work more than an hour, if you stay in sun for a long period it will break out and creates free radicals. I tried Burnout Eco too, but it created white cast on my face. Try out and let me know your status.

You can Mix Vitamin A, C and E topically together. You can also add Vitamin K too, But Vitamin B gel or Niacinamide react well if applied directly on skin. But B3 wont cancel out with Vitamin C like Copper peptides, but they become less effective due to different PH values.

Apply Vitamin C, then wait for atleast 20 minutes before diluting it with moisturizer or sunscreen. Dont you take any supplements? In my experience only topical vitamins never worked. Are you from India? If yes, why dont you try Melacare Forte instead of Nadinola at night? Carotein lightening gel really works and absorbs well, you can use that in morning or evening.

#18 ·
Ahh rajesh! I am from India TN

I will be out in sunlight just for may be 15-20 min thats it - we still need vit D from that so i dont avoid that otherwise Calium will not be absorbed !!

And what is " Melacare Forte " - I have never heard that !! what the ingre are ?? does it contain HQ ?? where can i get it ? what are results ???

I am taking usual supplements like
multivits
Iron and
Fish oil
Not yet for lightening..

Do u suggest any Supplement for lightening and glow ?? I really need that glow on my face !!

#20 ·
So ellaarum veedla sollittu vantheenkalaapaa skin lighten panna poromnu
, ok jokes apart, I am too from Chennai. Remember our climate is our first enemy, but we can together beat it. My first advice is, change your sunscreen. No chemical sunscreen anymore, Even a cheap indian titanium oxide based SUNBAN FORTE SPF 50 sunscreen works better than Nutrogena.

@BrownApple

Even if you get enough sun exposure, Indians used to lag Vitamin D due to pollution as per a research. I suggest you to check your Vitamin Profile from thyrocare.com

I am taking Vitamin D3 supplements now after this test. Melacare Forte contains 4% HQ and 0.25% Retin A. You can purchase it from any nearest medical shop. Cost you only 150 bucks. Its safe to use for a shorter period, but dont use it for maintenance. In my experience Melacare Forte is superior than Nadinola. Instead of Glytone, you can use GLYCOVIRA. Instead of Kojie San soap you can try GLYAHA-KOJ soap. PM me if you need to know the alternative Indian products instead of importing everything.

For oral lightening you may consider any good OPC like grapeseed or White Tea or Pine Bark extract with Vitamin C supplements. In India we will get all this supplements including the most popular ASTAXANTHIN. Continue taking Fish oil. For Iron and Calcium I recommend you to do a Metabolic profile test before taking them as supplements. It cost you just 1000 only. Which Multivitamin you are taking now?

@Dida

If you have enough money, you can almost import anything available in US and UK to India using shopandship.com

#23 ·
So ellaarum veedla sollittu vantheenkalaapaa skin lighten panna poromnu
, ok jokes apart, I am too from Chennai. Remember our climate is our first enemy, but we can together beat it. My first advice is, change your sunscreen. No chemical sunscreen anymore, Even a cheap indian titanium oxide based SUNBAN FORTE SPF 50 sunscreen works better than Nutrogena.

@BrownApple

Even if you get enough sun exposure, Indians used to lag Vitamin D due to pollution as per a research. I suggest you to check your Vitamin Profile from thyrocare.com

I am taking Vitamin D3 supplements now after this test. Melacare Forte contains 4% HQ and 0.25% Retin A. You can purchase it from any nearest medical shop. Cost you only 150 bucks. Its safe to use for a shorter period, but dont use it for maintenance. In my experience Melacare Forte is superior than Nadinola. Instead of Glytone, you can use GLYCOVIRA. Instead of Kojie San soap you can try GLYAHA-KOJ soap. PM me if you need to know the alternative Indian products instead of importing everything.

For oral lightening you may consider any good OPC like grapeseed or White Tea or Pine Bark extract with Vitamin C supplements. In India we will get all this supplements including the most popular ASTAXANTHIN. Continue taking Fish oil. For Iron and Calcium I recommend you to do a Metabolic profile test before taking them as supplements. It cost you just 1000 only. Which Multivitamin you are taking now?
Rahesh... Tamil ah neega... Veetla soina odhapanga. By the way I live in canada i dont have any problem to buy the products here !!

But i dont see nadinola as much effective !! _ I am Still dark i think.

#22 ·
@NoToTan

Yes, you must use sunscreen daily, for Indoors its not much necessary unless you are sitting near a window. If you dont like topical sunscreen, you can try oral supplements like ASTAGOLD with Lycopene.

For your face and neck you need a proper regimen with strong exfoliation routine. You can do a lactic peel from your dermatologist, if you cant afford, start yourself Retin-A 0.25% at night.

#24 ·
thnx a lott n i really wantd to know where i can get those supplements,astagold and international brand creams in india...expensiveness not a problem if things work...getting shipped via ebay is takin almost 20 days...

#26 ·
@BrownApple

If you are not living in India, I am sorry friend, you are out of this game,
because I cant recommend you Indian products anymore.

@ NoToTan

ASTAGOLD is an Indian version of Astaxanthin and Zeaxanthin which is available in any leading medical shop and cost 150 bucks for 10 pills. For Lycopene eat tomato.

@Diva D

Glytone did nothing to me and better you can formulate your own solution by mixing glycolic acid in any water soluble body lotion (I used Vasaline Men lotion). Glycovira or ASAGLY are cream based products and contains 12% glycolic acid which is good for beginners. once your skin used to it, you may formulate your own lotion instead of importing Glytone.

GLYAHA-KOJ soap is the Indian version of Kojie San, it contains Glutathione & Kojic Acid. In my personal experience its comparable to Kojie San dream white soap but nowhere near lightening Soap which contains Vitamin C. If you cant afford Kojie San, then use KLYAHA-KOJ soap and after that apply KLYAHA-KOJ lotion which contains glycolic acid 10 %, hydroquinone 2 %, kojic acid 2 %. And Megatoner costed me a Bomp but its worth the price.

#28 ·
@ freakygal

Megatoner doesnt contain Steriods or Mercury as per my knowledge. But its still a big secret how we are getting that immediate result with other lighteners. if your skin is well exfoliated you can notice the different in 48 hours. But the big problem is if you stop using it, the pink glow will go away. You need to continue using it or maintain it with other products. And where are you from, if you are from India, invest in Megatoner at your own risk, because forgetting your sunscreen even one day will get you back to pre-megatoner stage, and never think about any chemical sunscreens to maintain the megatoner glow. Frankly I wont recommend Megatoner for Beginners.

#52 ·
@ freakygal

Megatoner doesnt contain Steriods or Mercury as per my knowledge. But its still a big secret how we are getting that immediate result with other lighteners. if your skin is well exfoliated you can notice the different in 48 hours. But the big problem is if you stop using it, the pink glow will go away. You need to continue using it or maintain it with other products. And where are you from, if you are from India, invest in Megatoner at your own risk, because forgetting your sunscreen even one day will get you back to pre-megatoner stage, and never think about any chemical sunscreens to maintain the megatoner glow. Frankly I wont recommend Megatoner for Beginners.
Hey Rajesh
I tried to find out MegaToner but I don't know which one is right...
can you please send me the link or pics of it so I can order the right one.
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.