Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this ingredient makes my skin look worse so I am always on the lookout for a liquid fndtn without it. I know Bobbi Brown doesn't use it since she also agrees that it changes the texture of the foundation, but I don't like her formulas. Anything else out there?

TIA!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
did you try the Dior Nude? what look does TD give you? I am just curious as my derm always pushes products with this in it. Also, I didn't like Bobby Brown foundations either. I do have a few eye shadows and lip stick & liners that I like very much.
Foundation just didn't cover well for me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I recently bought Maybelline (cheap) airbrush finish -- no TD. Almay for sensitive skin --I didn t see TD on the list of ingredients (looked on their site). Perhaps any foundation without SPF will not have TD.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll look around for those!
Titanium dioxide makes my skin look dry and makes every line stand out, no matter what moisturizer I use under it.
My everyday sunscreen, Devita, only has micronized zinc oxide so it doesn't bother me.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Thanks! I'll look around for those!
Titanium dioxide makes my skin look dry and makes every line stand out, no matter what moisturizer I use under it.
My everyday sunscreen, Devita, only has micronized zinc oxide so it doesn't bother me.
Oh!!!! so maybe its the TD that is causing my lines to more noticeable! Thanks fawnie, that makes me feel better!! LOL Was starting to think it was my age, so I am glad I can scratch that off the list.

To be honest though, I think I do use alot of products with TD. I better take a look at those. That may be a contributing factor.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's in almost everything it seems. But there are alternatives - we just have to look for them!! Be careful of avobenzone though - it breaks down if not stabilized and causes free radical damage. Oxybenzone can have estrogen-like activity so is bad for men and others trying to avoid estrogen.

Skincare Central-All About Sunscreens

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
and i thought it was just me! i also have sensitivities to mica and about 100 other ingredients....

have no advice for td free liquids, i use tinted moisturizer and powder. you might have more luck if you used a tinted moisturizer. i use merle norman and td is way down on the list of ingredients. sunscreen is octinoxate. funny, my skin does not like natural spf, but prefers chemical ones. i am thinking of switching to smashbox (MN has isoparrafin and isocetyl alcohol which ya'll have taught me is bad for pores). no pore-clogging ingredients and TD is waaay down at the "may contain+/-" ingredient list.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i've wondered this.. sorry to be off topic kinda, but why do they add titanium dioxide into so many things? is it in foundation so it protects against the sun or does it mattify or something?

i've noticed it's in loads of wash off face masks in the uk and i don't get why.. does it affect healing like zinc oxide?

·
Registered
269 Posts
i've wondered this.. sorry to be off topic kinda, but why do they add titanium dioxide into so many things?
I think it is the easiest way to put the "SPF"-lable on the product.
Just wondering, if it is really true that the td makes wrinkles/fines more visible, and if yes, why?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts