Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you use emu oil as part of your skin care routine? what it has done for your skin? recommendations of product to try?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've been using emu oil over a year now, I only use before bedtime, it's oily of course, it's good for very dry skin, but I feel by using only oil, the skin "drinks" it (hard to explain) so on top of it I use vitamine E & A cream Swiss, but personally after I'm done with my bottle I will not buy again. It might be an anti-aging, but I didn't see any difference! Any other good oils will do the same!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Maripop: I lose my hair, and I find that it helps restore my scalp, I even put it all over my hair (just a small amount) before going in the sauna, makes a great treatment.....................

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I thought it was for a dry scalp, but to grow hair? I'm curious to know since when are you doing this? And do you see improvement? I thought putting something oily on your scalp will block and prevent the hair to grow. But hey! I will certainly give a try! Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
look up the benefits of emu oil, it's not greasy at all, it penetrates well into the scalp, but do it at night, not when you go out................

my hair still falls out but less, I've been using it for years..........

Great for the hands too....................

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I love emu oil I use it on weekends and every day on my scalp...........
I am a emu oil fan myself. But tell me about the scalp. So you apply it when your hair is wet or dry? and leave it on like a leave in conditioner? I have noticed lately that I am loosing hair as well. I have a TON, but still not good to start loosing it- maybe I should try the emu. Does it rinse out ok?

·
Registered
538 Posts
a few drops before I go to bed on dry hair, yes you shampoo in the morning,

On weekends I will put a bit more and leave in on all day if I don't go out.............It's omegas for the scalp...................

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
a few drops before I go to bed on dry hair, yes you shampoo in the morning,

On weekends I will put a bit more and leave in on all day if I don't go out.............It's omegas for the scalp...................
THanks chelsie- I will try this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I've heard of emu oil before, but I don't know a whole lot about it. As Periwinkle (another fellow post'er) mentioned, almond oil is good. It is not oily or greasy and it absorbs well. It's not too expensive but for some it may be a bit pricey. You can usually find almond oil (sometimes also called sweet almond oil) at health food stores. Good luck! --- kalandra

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I just started using sweet almond oil last night. I really like it and it's dirt cheap.
I agree w/ Peri! I started using it a month ago as an alternative to the rosehip seed oil, which is much more expensive. Turns out, I like it better - it smells yummy!

I also picked up some grapeseed oil - which they say is a thinner consistency and so might be nicer for the summer. Also, as Peri says, it's dirt cheap. I have found both the sweet almond oil and the grapeseed oil to be a nice pre-shampoo conditioner - I apply some to my hair, wash it out w/ shampoo, and it leaves my hair soft and full.

I used to use olive oil but it was nasty trying to wash out - it was so heavy that I had to shampoo several times, which dried out my hair and kinda defeated the purpose of using the conditioner.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Maripop: I lose my hair, and I find that it helps restore my scalp, I even put it all over my hair (just a small amount) before going in the sauna, makes a great treatment.....................
I have put emu oil with rosemary & lavender E.O. last night and I can tell you before I put it, my scalp was itchy and it has really calm it down, I don't feel it itchy for the moment, of course this morning I have to wash my hair! thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't realize that their were different uses for Emu Oil. I have been using it on my feet, especially in the summer. It really helps with keeping the feet smooth, especially the backside.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I get Emu Oil from SkinBiology but I am not convinced it helps with wrinkles but it does seem to "calm" skin and it also is known to help men with hair loss (I suppose women too who have it?) I used it a lot when using tri-luma and it calmed my skin a lot.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Two of the key natural ingredients found in emu oil are linolenic acid and oleic acid. Which makes it very effective in soothing the skin. It also thickens and replenishes the skin to reduce wrinkles, not get rid of, but reduce. If I ever need a wound healing, topical enhancer/moisturizer, I go for the emu oil-
Works great on acne! It definately isn't for everyone, but I like it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Two of the key natural ingredients found in emu oil are linolenic acid and oleic acid. Which makes it very effective in soothing the skin. It also thickens and replenishes the skin to reduce wrinkles, not get rid of, but reduce. If I ever need a wound healing, topical enhancer/moisturizer, I go for the emu oil-
Works great on acne! It definately isn't for everyone, but I like it.
I use Kalaya Emu & Tea Tree Oil Healing Salve -- for cuts, mosquitoe bites, burns, strange bumps on face .............

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of the largest problems with poor lifeless hair is not taking care of the scalp properly. Good nutrition and circulation is needed to give the hair shaft a healthy place to grow. Emu oil helps to restore the scalp and the condition of the hair.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts