Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you use emu oil in your skin care routine? what has it done for you? product recommendations?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yes I have used it for years. I actually used it on a more regular basis when I was battling with acne. Now that I don't have that problem anymore, I don't use it as much. But still like it
. It changed the texture of my skin for the better when I needed it most!! To be honest, I rotate through all my facial oils on a pretty regular basis.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used it (Dremu emu oil) and didn't think it was anything special. It took a long time to absorb and still felt oily on my skin. It helped soften some fine lines but didn't help with the deeper wrinkles.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The only thing I find good about, as I mentioned on the other thread about emu oil, it's an instant cure for my itchy scalp.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use it and find it very helpful with damaged thinned skin..my mother also uses it for stretch marks and says she sees improve ment..what i do for more results is i mix it with tea tree and jojoba oil

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I use it and find it very helpful with damaged thinned skin..my mother also uses it for stretch marks and says she sees improve ment..what i do for more results is i mix it with tea tree and jojoba oil
Jay you mix the tea tree with it? Interesting... how does that smell? LOL I am a fan of emu so no need convincing me of how well it works. I know. It helped me a ton with my battles of acne, and while I was taking Accutane, as I have said many times.

But mixing it huh? Have to try that. Jojoba is an all time fav oil of mine-

And why are you mixing these three?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The emu i use primarily to rebuild my damaged skin/the jojoba is a good compliment bc it has vitamin E and makes the skin have a rich look/ the tea tree oil is basically to compliment the emu with fighting fungus..i have seen nice results...also the tea tree has a nice smell the emu smells like chicken so that's another reason why.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
The emu i use primarily to rebuild my damaged skin/the jojoba is a good compliment bc it has vitamin E and makes the skin have a rich look/ the tea tree oil is basically to compliment the emu with fighting fungus..i have seen nice results...also the tea tree has a nice smell the emu smells like chicken so that's another reason why.
Ya I love jojoba and emu. I used to spot treatment with tea tree then use emu. I never mixed the two. But that is a great idea. My son uses tea tree on his feet. He plays basketball and all the sweating that goes on in those shoes, yikes!! but the tea tree helps with many of his issues. Tea tree has many great uses.

The emu I use doesn't have a smell at all. I know many others say it smells like chicken, but I don't find that. I don't eat meat, not because of any reason, just because I don't like it-lol. I can do chicken, but only every once in a blue moon. If my emu smelled like chicken I think I would throw up-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah i mix emu/jojoba/tea tree and add a tiny bit of water seeing great results so far...my manuka honey should be coming tomorrow so i will stir up a mixture with that..

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am wondering if I should try emu oil or jojoba, I still suffer with adult acne (not severe) and sun damaged skin. Do you apply it at night in the morning?? how do I apply?? and how does that fit in with my GC (before or after) sorry for so many questions, just trying to learn all I can about all I can do to help my skin. Also I have oily skin, maybe this would make things worse for me?? Geeeesshhh I really did ask a lot of questions sorry about that. I saw them in the Health food store by my house, and new they were familiar from this forum, but I did not want to buy something I knew nothing about LOL LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would like to say that I did buy Almond Coconut Oil. It has peanut oil, vitamin E, Olive Oil and Almond oil. I use it on my body (not my face) I apply right after the shower, while I am still damp. It leaves my skin soooooo smooth and soft all day. It has a hint of coconut so it smells nice too. Another tip that I picked up on this forum....Keep em coming guys

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom, if you have oily skin, hazelnut oil would be better since it is slightly astringent.

Bulk Carrier and Vegetable oils

You only need a drop or two of oil, keep in mind. Applied over damp skin it is easier to spread.

You could try it in the am over your vit C serum (waiting 30 min for the C to penetrate the skin cells).

Skin | care | talk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts