Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Have you ever sniffed Dior's La Dolce Vita, dolce? Its like Feminite de Bois' little sister. Where FdB has plum notes + woods + spices, LDV smells like apricot + woods. V feminine and light hearted. One of my loves.
no but it sounds lovely! i love dior scents.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
True, apparently Chanel No 5 is one of those scents that doesn't smell great on many people. I'm grateful it likes me. I wonder if this is due to pH.
Angel smells great on smokers.

But there's no excuse for some scents out there. No offense to anyone, but Gucci Rush
comes to mind.

I've read reviews by guys that use Midnight Poison. But that one isn't very feminine in the first place, which makes it wonderful. Some perfumers claim the gender separation of scents is mainly academic and down to marketing.

That Feminite de Bois must be amazing! I hope it's still in production. Another item on my perfume list.
LOL I canna bear Poison, Opium or any of those Orientals! My nose is very sensitive like a bloodhound. But some love them. As you so truly stated earlier, BATHING in them (like Angel) kills their charms. Why do ppl do that?
Should be a crime like: "Olfactory Assault and Battery"!

Iono about the academic/marketing aspect of separation of frags according to gender, but its a good question. I just know that to my own taste I dont care for my boys wearing female parfums. Its creepy imho. Conversely, some women can wear male frags quite well. I wear Dior Eau Sauvage and love it and it loves me!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
LOL I canna bear Poison, Opium or any of those Orientals! My nose is very sensitive like a bloodhound. But some love them. As you so truly stated earlier, BATHING in them (like Angel) kills their charms. Why do ppl do that?

Iono about the academic/marketing aspect of separation of frags according to gender, but its a good question. I just know that to my own taste I dont care for my boys wearing female parfums. Its creepy imho. Conversely, some women can wear male frags quite well. I wear Dior Eau Sauvage and love it and it loves me!
Opium is my holy grail, but used tastefully. And I think it's an "occasion perfume", not for constant use. That might in fact be the problem. If people just use the one scent for years, they get used to it and have to apply more to smell it. And people around them are dropping like flies.

As you say, it should be a crime. I'm delighted to hear that my nemesis Rush has been discontinued.

Generally I think men's fragrance on women works better that the other way around. I use whatever smell good. But I think that with some (just a few) perfumes it's the packaging not the fragrance that makes it "wrong" for men. Though usually it's creepy.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Moksha

I used to wear this parfum oil. It was heavenly sandalwood and more sandalwood. V smooth and long lasting. Serena Ava Franco makes beautiful frags and jewelry and also sells on etsy.

An essential oil blend of precious Indian woods with a touch of Cashmere musk. This scent can be worn to enhance meditation or as a sensual perfume.

Notes: Indian Sandalwood, Himalayan Cedar, Agarwood
Silver Pine, Gaiac wood, Cypress, Cashmere Musk
Mandarin tangelo.

Fragrance family
WOOD/RESIN

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You know, I LOVE the scent of Burberry Brit Sheer, but EVERYTIME I attempt to wear it, it gives me a headache. Does anyone know a fragrance that smells similar?

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
You know, I LOVE the scent of Burberry Brit Sheer, but EVERYTIME I attempt to wear it, it gives me a headache. Does anyone know a fragrance that smells similar?
What about VS Amber Romance?? Kind of smells similar to Burberry Brit........but then again, everyones sense of smell is different-
but it is worth a try. I just don't know if VS perfume has the stay power of Burberry.

I like Burberry too.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

I wear Cartier Declaration (for men) and it is lovely for the evening....

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Some Cartier frags are nice! I used to wear Eau de Cartier Concentree

Notes:
Coriander Leaves, Lavender Leaves, Violet Leaves, Nutmeg, Blond Amber, Blue Cedar Wood, Patchouli, Musk.
Style:
Fresh, green, and woody.
Sephora: Cartier Eau de Cartier Concentree: Men's Fragrance

Nice for a while but the lavender was somehow overpowering in it and it seemed unbalanced and too "cologne-ish". I had to give it away.
The bottle is cool too, nice heavy glass with a cool top.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi T (tmeyer66)

Thank you so much for the plug! (Coming out with another one very, very soon ;P ).

I have not tried Solstice Scents, it looks like a nice line; great website!

Hi everyone

I am familiar with both commercial and natural perfumes (a decade ago used to sell commercial perfumes before I became allergic to many synthetics, and been studying aromatherapy and making aromatherapy blends and perfumes ever since).

There are many kinds of perfume: commercial (which is completely synthetic or mostly synthetic), all natural, and mostly natural. I suggest if buying all natural or mostly natural perfumes to research the companyâ€2122s background well (since some vendors sadly may be touting their perfumes as all natural when they are not--this does not include perfumers who make mostly natural perfumes--but some vendors will sell perfumes made with something like 'cherry essential oil' or 'banana essential oil' which does not exist).

Others may be selling aromatherapy blends instead of perfumes—there is a difference between the two; Iâ€2122ve seen many crafters sell aromatherapy blends as perfumes.

There are also issues on what concentration you are buying (an eau de toilette should cost less than an eau de parfum or parfum concentration), which ingredients they are using (some ingredients only cost a few dollars an ounce and some cost up to a few hundred for one ounce wholesale price, so check out the companyâ€2122s ingredient list before buying to make sure you arenâ€2122t being overcharged. Not kidding about the huge difference in prices, when buying essential oils/absolutes in small amounts like that wholesale, we donâ€2122t get the huge discounts as a company buying several kilos of it so if you see things like real rose essential oil, jasmine absolute, carnation absolute, neroli essential oil these perfumes should cost way more), and also quality of the ingredients used (which affect the quality of the scent and also price. A good quality rose essential oil is going to cost way more than a poor quality one).

HTH!

Cheers,
Li

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I always buy perfume when I travel/fly and yesterday I bought
YSL Belle D'Opium
DuPont Passenger
D&G Rose The One
Creation Pure Femme

41 - 52 of 52 Posts