Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i joined this forum i'm thinking skin lightning more n more but since i don't need any drastic change i got interested in using natural things. since licorice extract, kojic acid, vit C r all said to be good skin whitners. is there a way to compound all of these ingeridients together? n together will they work better or cancel each others effect?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Try this:
1/2 tablespoon of Kojic Acid.
1/4 tablespoon of Licorice Extract.
1/4 tablespoon of L-Ascorbic Acid powder (Vit. c).
and 4 tablespoons of Eucerin Original Lotion.

Mix them all together in a glass pryex beaker then cover them with a saran wrap, place them in a pot full of water, then heat till 170-180 degree Fahrenheit on the stove until everything is dissolved, keep stirring occassionaly. Let it cool and transfer it in a airtight pump bottle.

ps. you can make it yourself, but you can also buy the ready made as those creams are inexpensive too since they contain natural ingedients that cost pennies literally to make. These will only have a brightening effect on your skin if you are dark, tan, light brown to even yellow. These lighten already fair skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
208 Posts
LNL

Alternatively, I like to already have the H20 at boiling point so that when you insert the beaker it quickly reaches the designated temp instead of a gradual climb, which may risk a deterioration or breakdown in any of the ingredients. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Try this:
1/2 tablespoon of Kojic Acid.
1/4 tablespoon of Licorice Extract.
1/4 tablespoon of L-Ascorbic Acid powder (Vit. c).
and 4 tablespoons of Eucerin Original Lotion.

Mix them all together in a glass pryex beaker then cover them with a saran wrap, place them in a pot full of water, then heat till 170-180 degree Fahrenheit on the stove until everything is dissolved, keep stirring occassionaly. Let it cool and transfer it in a airtight pump bottle.

ps. you can make it yourself, but you can also buy the ready made as those creams are inexpensive too since they contain natural ingedients that cost pennies literally to make. These will only have a brightening effect on your skin if you are dark, tan, light brown to even yellow. These lighten already fair skin.

You may be on to something here... i actually got the " you look lighter" during the time i was using the pigment control cream that has ALL of those products. I was using it all over.. it really did make my skin look lighter/brighter.. this would be a good product for me to you to maintain one i reach my goal maybe??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PinkMoscato can u plz tell the name of that product.

LNL this recipe looks gr8 but after all this hard work i'll only be brighter
anyways will still try it. now i hav to figure where to get all these ingredients from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts