Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for toning down the redness from RA. I really don't want to wear foundation. Thanks

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Sometimes, as the skin adapts to the RA, the redness reduces on its own. I have a tube of generic low dose hysrocortisine cream ($5 at any pharmacy). A small amt dotted onto the red area relieves it quickly. This will NOT thin the skin used in tiny amts on occasion esp since RA thickens the skin. People who get thinning are typically using high concentrations & plastering the stuff all over themselves thickly & often (for deperate kamikaze lightening: BAD IDEA).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes, as the skin adapts to the RA, the redness reduces on its own. I have a tube of generic low dose hysrocortisine cream ($5 at any pharmacy). A small amt dotted onto the red area relieves it quickly. This will NOT thin the skin used in tiny amts on occasion esp since RA thickens the skin. People who get thinning are typically using high concentrations & plastering the stuff all over themselves thickly & often (for deperate kamikaze lightening: BAD IDEA).
Thanks Ondine! That sounds like a great idea. I'm also going to cut back to RA every other night for a little while. Hopefully that won't slow things down too much
. I am so keen to get things happening! At least I don't have any soreness or stinging, so that's a good thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts