Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh,yes, stinging nettles! I had forgotten about them. They were another favourite of my Grandmother's. Can't recall what she did with them but suspect they were added to soup.

The B Vitamins are very important and a cheap way of taking them is to invest in some Brewer's Yeast. This is not the yeast used for bead-making. It can have a bitter taste but one can also buy the de-bittered kind at any health shop.

Brewer's Yeast is cheap, effective, and great not only for the hair but for the nerves, skin and one's general sense of well-being.

Vitamin B tablets often lack some of the B vitamins. Brewer'sYeast is a good all-rounder. I sprinkle mine in gravy (!) so everyone gets a bit of the benefit;take some in a cup of Bovril, or in milk. It is an acquired taste and one should start with a small quantity as it gives one wind, especially if the person is low in B vitamins.

Google Brewer's Yeast and read about it. If it cost £50 a tin we'd all be buying it!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a thought! I must be the oldest person using this site.

I firmly believe positive thinking, visualisation, and keeping up with the World help keep one young in mind, body, skin and hair colour!! Plus all the vitamins, of course!

I acquired my first PC in 1998 and am on Facebook : not astro-physics, I grant you, but I have all the answers to my questions at my fingertips..........providing I ask the right questions!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just a thought! I must be the oldest person using this site.

I acquired my first PC in 1998 and am on Facebook : not astro-physics, I grant you, but I have all the answers to my questions at my fingertips..........providing I ask the right questions!
The more we learn the more we realize we don't know.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm 31 and got grey over the last 1-2 years and in my family no one went grey before the age of 40. My parents are around 60 and have less grey hair than I have. I've been through a lot of stress and a terrible diet over the last couple of years.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts